lx2 and l4 question please

nitebrite

Enlightened
hi,

i am sorry. i started reading about the lx2 and then realised there are over 1000 pages!
simple question: using the same test that garnered 200+ lumens from the e2dl, how many lumens is the lx2?

also i couldn't find anywhere if the l4 has an updated emitter or electronics. or did they go from 60 to 100 and now to 120 lumens all on the same exact flashlight?

thank you,
nitebrite

nitebrite

Enlightened
sorry i posted before i was completely done searching.

i think i just got my answer. most kx2c are 150-170 real lumens. some are 200+. the lx2 is about 200-205 real lumens.

i take it the new l4 has the kx2c head. which means it is no longer the coveted "wall of light". since it uses a tir.

150-170+ lumens to 200 should only really make a difference if one was actually comparing the two lights. i am sure if someone saw the kx2c one night and the lx2 the following night on the same subject at the same distance they would not be complaining. side by side, is probably the only way to notice a large difference.

nitebrite

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
L4 still has a reflector but it's not exactly the same good ol' wall of light that it was either. There's a more defined hot-spot now.