• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need maglite "D" size body

jankj

Enlightened
I don't need the switch, basically just the forward 4 inches or so of a "D" size maglite body. And I can do the cutting and switch removal myself, so don't hesitate to send me a fully working 2-6D maglite body (or complete light, if that's what you want to get rid of).

Long story short, I wrecked a kaidoman Q5 drop-in which was destined for a warm white LED upgrade. Cheapest way to replace it is to stick a warm white romisen in there. The head of romisens (minus reflector) will fit nicely in the outer flange of the kaidoman drop-in (minus a little wiggle room, which I intend to fill with copper wire). Flange with romisen will be put in a cut-down maglite 3D body, of which I basically just need the front part with threads.

This is more a "proof of concept" quick and dirty build. The purpose is to see if a reasonably bright warm white aspherics has any merits for outdoors use. (Finding the trail, searching for something/someone etc). Heat will probably be an issue, but I'll be able to use it enough to see if it works. I mean, if it doesn't significantly out-throw my quark AA^2 there is no point in lugging it around anyway, is there? If I'm happy with romisen mag-aspherics performance I may just improve the build until it is robust enough to take my abuse, or I may decide for someone to build me a custom warm-white drop-in.

I don't want to slaughter my own mag 3D, we've been through too much together for that to happen... So, does anyone have an old "D" body with or without switch lying around? I'm sure we'll work out a fair price. Oh, and you need to work out the shipping cost to Norway.

jankj

Enlightened
That's great! Spc was first and has exactly what I need, so I'll try him first.

Techno_cowboy: PM sent on another issue.