New end cap for D cell mags

Ross

Enlightened
Anyone seen one of these:

C4x.jpg

If you're in Germany, you can order them from here.

Seems quite a good idea for the car and also for police use. Combines a window punch and a seatbelt cutter in the end cap. Anyone have one? used one? care to buy one? I'd love to get one but the only place I can find is in Germany, can anyone find any other distributors?

Ta

Ross

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow..that's pretty crazy.

i've considered making a tipped endcap (i did make one for the minimag...) but i obviously can't put a searbelt cutter...it's actually a pretty good idea!

these aren't from mag are they?

Ross

Enlightened
I dont think they are Roth, they are made to be used with the D cell mags but not made by them. Have you seen any for sale in the USA?
Has anyone else seen or used one of these and could provide a review?

Ross

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nope never heard of them..

they are pretty neat though.

i'm kind oc curious what's up with that "spring"

Ross

Enlightened
I wondered that too! It looks like more of a bolt rather than a spring - maybe the end of the spring is filled in, if you know what I mean.
I also think that the pointy bit moves up & down to cover the seatbelt cutting blade - good idea.

Ross

MilGeo

Newly Enlightened
You will still have to insert your old end cap's spring in order to use this device. According to their site the bolt itself is supposed to transform the moving batteries' energy onto the window puncher. The seat belt cutter is not covered but opened 3.5mm at all times. At least that's what the instruction manual says.

MilGeo

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Inverse Square said:
Welcome aboard MilGeo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot! I simply felt it was time joining this great community after lurking around for a year or so..

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
That web site has a pepper spray adapter w/battery adapter that looks interesting.
Humm...A 4AA to D adapter.

Ross

Enlightened
Some good stuff on the site, I thought. MilGeo, welcome, would you like to get some stuff from that site & evaluate it for us?

Ross

MilGeo

Newly Enlightened
Didn't find anything on that site i'd be interested in. As far as I understand, the 4 AA to D adapter isn't sold seperately - and i'd have no use for it either since I lack the technical skills for modding. Don't like pepper spray adapters as well. If I lived in a high risk environment I would prefer using a Tigerlight anway.

I can comment a bit on that multifunctional tail cap though.
A friend of mine, who used to volunteer in some sort of civil emergency service, possesed one for qite some time and installed it to his 4D Maglite. Talked to him yesterday and he told me that glass breaker worked pretty well, especially compared to the use of an unmodified light or that little glass hammers. He didn't like the seat belt cutter as beacause of the lenght of the flashlight you have problems using it in some narrow environment. You have to perform some sort of twisting motion with that cutter an he did not like that as well. He told me he had no problems with the threads of the tail cap fitting his maglite, however some problems occured when trying to use that end cap one one other maglite. After all he decided to sell it and return to some more specialiced equipment.

BTW Shipping costs on that site seem to be pretty high
8,20 EUR within Germany
25,55 EUR within the EU
about 60 USD to the US

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
There is at least one other adress in Germany where one can buy those: http://www.ajvg.com/klk/index.html
Calling 20.50€ for the cutter/breaker unit and 9,8€ for S/H in Europe (with 50€ Minimum Order)
If anyone cares to have one or more, maybe I can assist...
Holger