• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: buck converter

las3r

Enlightened
im new here and just starting and im looking for a buck converter for a ssc p7 emitter if u have one or some please email me here [email protected] or any links to some would be great thanks

any links to dx or kd drivers would be great also

Last edited:

las3r

Enlightened
Re: WTB/help !!!

what would be the best dx or kd driver for a ssc p7 emitter ? links would be great and im kinda on a budget and cant afford $20-40 dollar driver :( and is my first build

i would like to run it from 1 or 2x 18650 batts if possible

please help :) thanks Aircraft800 for that link

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

las3r

Enlightened
thanks Aircraft800 i ordered 2 of them

also is there any info on this driver so i no what batts i should use and how many voilt's ?

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The board is AMC7135-based, according to the one-line product description. That means a recommended max input voltage of 6V and an absolute max input voltage of 7V. In addition, you need to provide an input voltage at least 120mV (the dropout voltage, Vdropout) higher than the LED's Vf at the drive current of interest.

For a Seoul P7, the paper Vf spec is 3.6V (typical) at 2.8A drive current. Thus, your batteries may need to hold at least 3.72V to run the LED in full regulation. The voltage range 3.72V to 6V then dictates the battery configurations that can work. Typically, the choices are 1xLi-ion (usually an 18650, or an IMR26500) or 3xD NiMH. The closer Vbatt is to Vf+Vdropout, the more efficiently the driver runs. And the longer Vbatt stays above Vf+Vdropout, the longer the light will run in full regulation. So, you could use 2x123A, for example (although there are potential thermal issues with driving 123A cells at 2.8A), but efficiency is not going to be as good as using 1x18650 or 3xD NiMH.

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Aircraft800 i ordered 2 of them

also is there any info on this driver so i no what batts i should use and how many voilt's ?

Since the driver is a 8X AMC7135 linear regulator, it burns off excess volts as heat. The more volts fed into it, the hotter it'll get, so try to stay just above the Vf of the LED. so somewhere around 4.66v would be ideal to stay in regulation and stay cool for your P7.

EDIT: Justin Case beat me to it while I stepped away from the PC. Thanks dude!

las3r

Enlightened
thanks guys......... i cant wait till all my parts gets here to start building my first 1D maglite

las3r

Enlightened
if i can use one 18650 batt can i use another host besides a 1D mag ? like any flashlight that takes 1x18650 ???? iwant it to be bright as possible lol