High perfromance 2xAAA battery light?

batmanacw

Enlightened
I am looking for a high performance 2XAAA light for a friend. I have a Stylus Pro that I would give him, but it doesn't have enough power for what he needs. I would get him a ITP or Maratac, but he would much rather have the length for shirt pocket carry.

Any ideas? A Fenix LD01 in a two battery version would kick ***.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a time - not too long ago actually - when penlight performance was too meager to be of much real value and penlights were pretty shoddy at best. No longer. Some are now equal or even superior in quality and performance to any lights that were considered state-of-the-art just a few years ago. And the convenience of shirt pocket carry makes these lights extremely practical.

Consider Peak's Eiger in the penlight configuration.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/244743

mightysparrow

Enlightened
+1 on the Sunlite Slim2 2xAAA light at www.powerledlighting.com.

Very good value for quality and performance, plus free shipping on orders over $30. :twothumbs Of course, the Peak Eiger is unsurpassed for quality and is highly recommended by many on this forum who have them. I don't have one yet.... :sigh:

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Sunlight Slim or a Stylus pro with the LD01 head could be a good choice.

I'd go with the LD01 + Stylus pro because I like multimode, but he might like the simple one mode of the sunlight slim.

Gatsby

Enlightened
2xAAA isn't real prevalent these days as Sgt LED alludes to.

Prior to the Eiger I would likely have nominated the Peak Pacific with the 2xAAA body - pretty much a 2xAAA Minimag form factor but about 1000 times better. But the Eiger has a smaller head and more body options than even the Pacific - and with power and beam and tint options I think it is a better choice these days.

batmanacw

Enlightened
Maybe I should elaborate. I would need something in the 60 to 80 lumen range. It has to have some decent throw with a nice hot center spot.

The LD01 head on the streamlight sounds nice, but its just to much trouble and expense. We might have to see if we can buy a LD01 head and just turn a couple bodies for it.

Its nice to have a machine shop.