Loose head/unscrew on the SF E2 advice needed

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I have a SF E2 and the head is loose...when I change the batteries the head unscrew instead. What can I use some kind of glue/epoxy or some kind of a ring to tight it so it won't come loose ? For the glue/epoxy I think there is some that is not permanent. I measured at 1 inch and 1.1 inch respectively so I would need a ring with 1.1 diameter, not sure how thick or what material. Hope I am not confusing here. Which of these two methods will work best?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
ummm...the head needs to come off to replace the batteries.:thinking:

The e-series lights are too small at the tail-end to fit batteries.

Not really sure what you are saying here....the head comes unscrewed easily?...maybe try a new o-ring and tighten it down harder by hand..:shrug:

buickid

Enlightened
I think he means the bezel that holds the lens in. I would try a small dab of Loctite blue. Strong enough to keep it on there, but not too strong in case it ever needs to come off. :)
My older E2e has that problem, but I just make sure not to grab onto the bezel when unscrewing.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he means the bezel that holds the lens in. I would try a small dab of Loctite blue. Strong enough to keep it on there, but not too strong in case it ever needs to come off. :)
My older E2e has that problem, but I just make sure not to grab onto the bezel when unscrewing.

Ok, that makes more sense..and your suggestion is great!:twothumbs

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good guys ill make a trip to the store and get me some loctite 242....curios anybody knows what SF uses at the factory ?