• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McGizmo Haiku ***SOLD***

sigfan

Enlightened
Up for sale is a New McGizmo Haiku. This was bought about a week and a half ago, from the latest wave. It has only been turned on a couple of times. These go for $445 plus shipping from Don. I am asking $399 shipped plus 3% for paypal. No trades. US shipping only. Thanks!

Matt

haiku.jpg

Last edited:

bf1

Enlightened
Re: McGizmo Haiku

Great price for an outstanding light.

Flipside

Enlightened

NEATO!

What is included in the sale?

How would you describe the finish?

fyrstormer

Banned

NEATO!

What is included in the sale?

How would you describe the finish?
The finish on all of Don's lights, unless otherwise specified, is finely-machined, but not polished. The machining lines are large enough to feel with a fingernail, but not with anything bigger than a fingernail, and are extremely useful for holding onto the light. Polished metal would be much more slippery, and more expensive as well.

Here are some pictures of mine. sigfan's should be exactly the same:

CIMG3521.jpg

CIMG3523.jpg

CIMG3526.jpg

CIMG3527a.png

Last edited:

Flipside

Enlightened

The finish on all of Don's lights, unless otherwise specified, is finely-machined, but not polished. The machining lines are large enough to feel with a fingernail, but not with anything bigger than a fingernail, and are extremely useful for holding onto the light. Polished metal would be much more slippery, and more expensive as well.

Here are some pictures of mine. sigfan's should be exactly the same:

CIMG3521.jpg

CIMG3523.jpg

CIMG3526.jpg

CIMG3527a.png

Fantastic pictures! The reason that I asked the question is that Don is clear that his creations are not intended to be 'perfect.' Some variations are bound to exist from one unit to the next. I was just interested to learn how this particular offering fit into the spectrum...

As far as what's included in the sale: any boxes, batteries, etc. ??? I have no idea what's 'normally included'. If it's just the light, so be it - I'm just inquiring for clarification.

BSBG

Enlightened

As far as what's included in the sale: any boxes, batteries, etc. ??? I have no idea what's 'normally included'. If it's just the light, so be it - I'm just inquiring for clarification.

Don's lights come taped in a Priority Mail box, no battery, maybe a plastic baggie :D.

sigfan

Enlightened

Yea nothing came with it from don. I'll throw in a fresh 123 with it though.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm really surprised this is still here. If I didn't already have one, I'd jump on this with this awesome price!

fyrstormer

Banned

He sure does build pretty lights, huh? I can't afford it but man it is tempting...
Indeed. He's managed to strike just about the perfect balance of not adding any features that don't have an immediate and obvious use (like a handgrip to turn the head of a PD-S) while also adding those features with a bit of flourish (like using crenellations instead of knurling). I managed to come up with a "reason" to get one of the C-Paks he's offering right now, but the truth is I would've bought one just to have something else to play with. :D