Which Nitecore for EDC?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Which Nitecore flashlight do you like best for EDC? Why?

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
All I have is a nitecore d10 which I like for edc especially indoors and around the house. For outdoors I want something brighter with a little more throw. I also want to venture out into cr123 for a bright light in a smaller package. I'm thinking about getting a nitecore extreme but with my luck if I buy it now, next week they'll come out with a new led so i'll wait to see if anything happens.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I EDC an NC D10, primarily because it runs on 14500 and because it fits better in my hand than my EX10. Also, it has a good range of light from a decent low (although, IMO, my LF2XT / HDS U60 have the best low) to very good high. Finally, the UI is dead simple.

Silverback

Newly Enlightened
I too am a big fan of the D10 for EDC. There's a lot of light there for such a small package.

Tremendo

Enlightened
I have many lights but have been happily EDC'ing a Nitecore Defender Infinty since the pre-production model came out. Still my favorite (even though I got an EZAA today & another, and have several AA lights en route). I recently started using a 14500 in it instead of the Lithium Primary, and it's all good.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
EX10 GDP on 3.6v RCR123 for me, as my job does not require a light and where i live is reasonably well lit, this is good enough for me. The clip enables discreet pocket carry in my trousers and there are other lights available too, LD01 on keys, Solarforce L2 with Lumens Factory HO-9 in the bag plus spare cells for everything.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just got myself a D10 SP R2 it feels very solid compare to the Quark AA with generous knurling though the Quark is slightly brighter due to beam radiation pattern but the D10 SP R2 beam pattern is identical to the Novatac with SSC P4 emitter.The D10 SP R2 feels heavier vs the Quark,the UI is similiar to the Bitz but with both clicky and twisty with hidden sos & strobe

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all the small Nitecore's and I currently EDC EZ CR2 which thanks to its really small size fits into any pocket. :cool:

96z5f9.jpg

ramlanrafie

Newly Enlightened
Me, i have both NDI and D10. Now EDC D10 cause it got clip and I can easily grab it from my pocket. For my usage, the output of any LED light that use single AA will make no different, the important thing is the shape and the size

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I carry a Nitecore light, I usually carry my EX-10 GD. I also have a D10 that is nice but my wife confiscated that one months ago!!

Both of my Nitecore lights are the Golden Dragon version - nice beam. I sold my Cree Nitecores as IMHO, the ones I received had a rather poor beam quality with dark cree rings etc - the GD version looks very similar to the beam from my Ra Clicky 140Cn - very s-m-o-o-t-h !!!

James...:D

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
NDI for me going on two years now...And I don't see that changing any time soon...:thumbsup:

NDI.jpg

My other EDC's...2x Fenix LOD's, Milky ME1B Transformer
EDCLights2.jpg

And my Liteflux LF3XT
Dsc01182-1.jpg

Last edited:

batmanacw

Enlightened
I just purchased the D10 and EX10. Haven't go the EX10 yet. I am thinking about the Extreme R2, but I am not sure how the UI works. I tried to down load the instructions for it and the NDI and could not. More info on the UI would be helpful to decide my next light.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have the D10 R2 but don't edc it, however, it would be ok for that purpose for some, it is quite a light for it's size with the 14500's!

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally posted by lrp:
I only have the D10 R2 but don't edc it, however, it would be ok for that purpose for some, it is quite a light for it's size with the 14500's!

I have the D10 and, indeed, it is very nice on 14500s. It also has a fairly wide hotspot which allows you to see quite an area. However, I agree with the above quote in that it is just too large for pants pockets. I can see that it would be fine for some, but not for me for that purpose. I have an EZ CR2 on the way. I presently EDC an iTP EOS AAA which is very thin and small. I have a Lummi Wee on the way. That is the tiniest hi powered light that I can see out there, if you don't mind li-ion technology and smaller run time.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'm not crazy about the UI on of the PD series lights, and the DI and NEX are interesting but the DI UI isn't my favorite and the NEX is a bit big.

I find that the EZ123, while it has it's downsides, is a very nice combination of small size and output.