Single Handed UI Multi mode Lights

geoffg

Newly Enlightened
Is there a list anywhere where I can see what options I have.

I have mostly Fenix Lights which all require 2 hands to twist and cycle between the levels i use the most (high and Turbo) and this can be annoying at times

There are people who only have use of one hand, my stepson for one (thank you George and Tony) and most of the multimode led lights are useless to them

Tia

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your stepson. There are quite a few multi mode, one hand changable UI lights out there.

Romisen RC N3 II Q5 from shiningbeam, its got 2 modes, med-hi, utilises a forward clicky, half press to change from high to med, then fully click to use the mode.

Most of the jetbeams with IBS UI change modes using a reverse clicky, strangely my Jet II and Jet III Pro ST are forward clickys but i dont mind that. I like that the modes can be individually programmed.

Nitecores (D10, D20, EX10 make sure its not the new ones) utilising the Smart PD system changes modes with the clicky. Two clicks get you low, click and hold gets you high, press and hold to ramp up and down. You can see the pdf format manual at nitecore's site.

the only multi mode lights i have so far (TK20 comin) that change modes using a twisty are my Lummi Raw NS and Fenix LD01.

Another budget light that changes modes one handed would be the Akoray K106 (either 3 mode programmable or 5 mode preset). if you need help am sure more knowledgable members than i will chip in soon.

EDIT: just remembered, 4sevens is having a surplus Nitecore sale, great discounts! check it out here

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Photon Proton Pro (side clickie) and the LiteFlux lights (tail switch) will give one handed multi-mode operation.

Geoff

Gatsby

Enlightened
There are a lot of lights that use a tailswitch to change modes - a few are:

Surefire - E1L, E2L, L1, L2, 6P with a digital drop in like a Dereelight
Liteflux - LF2XT, LF3XT, LF5XT
Dereelight - CL1H and C2H depending on the pill used
Novatac - 120P, 85P, and T versions as well

Just to name a few...

And arguably twisties like the Muyschondt Aeon and Nautilus, Bitz, Nitecore EZs, can be operated one handed as they don't require the use of a clickie and twist.

geoffg

Newly Enlightened
Hyperloop , Just managed to order a NitecorePD D20 from 4sevens, at a dicounted, ridiculous price so will give that a go.

Thanks for the advice all, I didn't know there were so many to choose from.
Geoff

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are quite a few lights that use the talicap to change modes. Many are lower cost one because it is simpler then a twist for modes light.

The Nitecore D20 is a good one, I hope you like it!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hyperloop , Just managed to order a NitecorePD D20 from 4sevens, at a dicounted, ridiculous price so will give that a go.

Thanks for the advice all, I didn't know there were so many to choose from.
Geoff

glad to be of service :D

marschw

Newly Enlightened
If I recall from when Neoseikan's thread about his Spartanian II, it's supposed to be especially usable one-handed (i.e. one-handed multi-mode operation was one of the chief design principles). I haven't tried one myself, though.

Latest posts