Stinger Rechargable replacement

batmanacw

Enlightened
I have a stinger that has been extremely reliable and rugged for the last 10+ years. The battery finally gave out a few months ago and the original bulb is still going strong.

I would love find a good quality replacement for the reflector with an LED. Any options for me?

Jay611j

Enlightened
Wouldn't have any clue. Try searching for that upgrade around here and you might get lucky and find some beamshots. :D

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Terralux conversion is (IMO) horrible: the optic creates a weak, diffuse beam with a weak center spot with all sorts of artifacts, and it has a nasty purple tint. The overall beam strength and quality isn't acceptable.

I'm on the second one, as the first one was so purple (i.e. Barney The Dinosaur purple), I had the vendor swap it out, but the replacement was almost as bad.

Jay611j

Enlightened
The Terralux conversion is (IMO) horrible: the optic creates a weak, diffuse beam with a weak center spot with all sorts of artifacts, and it has a nasty purple tint. The overall beam strength and quality isn't acceptable.

I'm on the second one, as the first one was so purple (i.e. Barney The Dinosaur purple), I had the vendor swap it out, but the replacement was almost as bad.
WOW :sick2:. Sounds kinda like the LED Lenser I have. Well, the TerraLux was all I could find that "looked" to be worth anything. Bummer :thumbsdow

steveG

Enlightened
One of the guys at work just bought that conversion for his Stinger. The beam is anything but clean and artifact-free, but it's pretty bright and a good white tint. When the light is actually being used (not white-wall hunting), the beam is very usable. He is VERY happy with it and glad he spent the money on the conversion.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
I've had one of those drop-ins for a few months and I like it. sure, its not a perfect beam, but it beats the heck out of my original bulb!

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stinger Rechargable Replacement

I am trying to recall, is this the only replacement for the Stinger or does/did somebody else also make one similar to this?

batmanacw

Enlightened
Re: Stinger Rechargable Replacement

With the light focused as wide as possible to get rid of the hole in the middle, the beam is really not all that terrible. I will not buy a replacement unless its a drastic improvement. It gives me a pretty solid center spot so I guess it will stay the way it is.

It really has been a reliable light. No complaints other than the artifacts in the beam.