Oooo, she WISHES she had a flashlight...

curtispdx

Enlightened
Heard that a school janitor was checking out a fire alarm, walked down a VERY dark stairway, missed a step, and fell down about twenty steps. Lost some teeth. Ouch.

(I'm not making fun of her accident, only that she really should have had some source of light available to her before heading down those stairs.)

Last edited:

SuperLightMan

Newly Enlightened
Lesson here for all is: Never leave home without a flashlight, even if it's early in the morning. You never know when you might need it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
not necessarily would change anything, I've seen ppl fall down in broad daylight, in places they walked for years.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
You should never leave home without a fully charged light and some spares. You never know when you might be running an errand and get caught in a building fire filling the emergency exit hall with smoke or other various types of emergency like situations, or for even non-emergency situations as well.

Flashoholic motto: Never leave home without at least one flashlight and one set of spares. Remember two is alway better than one though, so bring an extra to make the sheeple make it out alive as well.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Hope shes okay! Kind of along the same lines but I was at Target about 2 weeks ago and the power randomly went out, 2 seconds later I had the place lit up with my EDC's! In the 45ish seconds the power was out I didnt see ANYBODY else break out a light, just a few people holding up their Iphone :p

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
Funny, I just got my LX2 last night, and today I found myself at a jobsite to install about 44 doors and hardware sets and the building has no permanent power. All the other tradesmen were spending half their time running extension cords and worklights. After I got the door slabs hung and swinging correctly, it was time to do hardware, which I can do really fast. If I had to run lights and cords, it would have taken me more time to do that. Instead I whipped out the little LX2 with F04 diffuser and proped it up, pointing at the ceiling. Lit up the whole room and took seconds to break down and set up. I got all 44 hardware sets installed today.

So yes, the moral of the story is you never know when you will need a light, but you can pretty much bank on needing one at some point.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch!

Falling down stairs can cause serious long term injuries... it's not good!

I would expect her back to go in about 5 years.

ray2ray78

Newly Enlightened
You should never leave home without a fully charged light and some spares. You never know when you might be running an errand and get caught in a building fire filling the emergency exit hall with smoke or other various types of emergency like situations, or for even non-emergency situations as well.

Flashoholic motto: Never leave home without at least one flashlight and one set of spares. Remember two is alway better than one though, so bring an extra to make the sheeple make it out alive as well.

once again the mantra rings true. repeat after me:
one is none,
two is one,
three is key,
four is :sssh:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever I leave the house I have a Fenix L0D on my keyring - if I use it a bit then I recharge it when I get home. I have just switched my jeans pocket light from a Jet-I Pro V2 to a D10 R2 because I can put it onto momentary mode so it wont go flat in my pocket but will work instantly when I put pressure on the piston. In my jacket pocket is my Ti Infinitum.

I don't bother with spare batteries - all 3 EDC have reasonably well charged batteries and if one goes flat then I still have the other 2.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's forget about the notion of everyone everywhere EDCing lights, it just won't happen. However this lady is a custodial artist (I love that term LOL) and I assume this means doing maintenance, seriously she should at least have a Mini Mag, it's needed just as much as her mop, broom and saw dust. THE most efficient light in my opinion for jobs like this, is a good, simple pen light in a shirt pocket.

choombak

Enlightened
not necessarily would change anything, I've seen ppl fall down in broad daylight, in places they walked for years.

Agree, but this cannot be an excuse not to have a light. ;-) Chances of falling down will reduce dramatically if you have a light at hand. It is possible that she was so accustomed to the stairs that her over-confidence made her fall. Hope she is doing well now.

-amarendra

Flashlight Enthusiast
My GF now carries a Surefire E1e in her purse (or duffle) because she goes on band trips for school that end late with minimal light on busses and such.

Short and Round

Newly Enlightened
When I leave my hous I always back the following:

1. Surefire E1b Backup in pocket.
2. Surefire G2L in glovebox of car with 2 sets of extra batteries in a Keep- To-Go tube.
3. Fenix E01 on my keycahin.

strinq

Enlightened
I fell down just a couple of steps a month ago and sprained my wrist and its yet to heal fully.
20 steps....yeeeouch...

But mine was in wet conditions while wearing a pair of slippers that has soles made for ice skating...

But in this case I do agree the dark was the primary contributor to her fall.
Be a nice flashaholic and buy her a light.
An AA romisen would be nice.
:)