C2 Led Bezel Help

shane1

Enlightened
I just bought a new C2 Led and I want to replace the plastic bezel with a new titanium bezel. I cannot remove the plastic bezel and I need suggestions. I have already ruined another new C2 and this is my second. Any suggestions?

shane

Winx

Newly Enlightened
Heat the head with a hair dryer so the glue softens. Use glove or something to hold the head.

With the heat I believe even needle nose pliers are enough to open the ring.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the hair dryer is taking too long, put it in a ziploc bag and drop it in boiling water for a minute.
Usually doesn't take any longer than that.
What I do is use the microwave to get water boiling in a pyrex measuring cup, and put the bezel in as soon as it comes out of the microwave.
If a stubborn bezel ring isn't easily removed on the first try(almost always is-almost), I'll get the water boiling again, drop the ziploc bag with the bezel in, and just leave it while the water cools for ten minutes or so. After sitting in the hot water for a bit, the bezel ring will come out with very little effort.
btw, I use latex gloves, plus a hot pan holder for holding the bezel while removing the ring. It will be hot to handle for a little while.

shane1

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I got it off! I used my heat gun and needle nose pliers and it worked great. No problems.

shane

Schuey2002

Enlightened
What about something larger, like a KT1/KT2 turbo head? How do you get the lens retaining ring off them?

Does heating it up like the C2/G2/etc. bezels work? Needle nose pliers are far too small to use to get the job done..

Anyone?