LED upgrades for 2C and 3D maglites

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good upgrade for the 2C and 3D size maglites? The ones I have are still good lights, though vastly underpowered now compared to even my little Fenix L1Tv2. I'd hate to just throw away perfectly serviceable lights, but unless I can bump up their power, I'm not much interested in keeping them.

I bought a couple of the Nite-Ize LED upgrades for the 2C mags I have... but what a disappointment! :shakehead They're no brighter than the stock bulbs and have this ghastly blue color to them.

Anyway, any wisdom that you could share on what kind of upgrade to get for these would be much appreciated.

-B

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff has the Mag drop-ins with P4 LED's running 1A at the LED and the 3C (also fits the 2C) already tested at 200ish out the front.

Older 2C Mags can fit IMR C cells with no boring needed. Serial number is all numerical with no letters.

Newer 2C Mags can only fit NiMH cells. Serial number starts with a "C"

Once you know what cells fit, then look at which LED's drop-ins you can purchase. If you can fit IMR C cells there will be more high powered options. Although; you could always fit 2 18500 cells with spacer but will be limited to lower output variants.

Which Mag 2C do you have?

bigC

jimmyjames

Newly Enlightened
The 240 lumen Malkoff drop in's for 2-3C and 2-3D Maglites are out of stock. You can get on a list to get notified when they are back in stock if they ever are again.