Recoil proof...

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
I think I know the answer to this, but I'm gonna ask anyway...

Will a Surefire G2Z, with a SF P60L lamp, mounted to the barrel/magazine tube of a 12 gauge shotgun handle the violent recoil that the 12 gauge puts out? I've heard that a regular SF P60 Xenon lamp will blow because of the shotgun's recoil, but the LED's are more rugged and can handle the recoil just fine.

What say you? :confused:

gsxrac

Enlightened
It should handle it fine I would think. But do yourself a favor and get a Malkoff M60 for that G2Z. And if your running a high output LED in a nitrilon host you will probably want to add an aluminum bezel.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend to not bother with the plastic version and simply go with the All Aluminum version host with the Malkoff M60 for good heatsinking. the bezel is outside of the plastic shell and putting a metal one over plastic does not change the heatsinking all that much, especially in a light that isn't going to be hand held and have heat drawn off into the hand some what.

If you are going to stick with the G2Z then I would stick (as much as I hate to say this) with the lower power SF LED for less heat and heat related problems.

the Malkoff M60 in a proper fitting 6P hasn't had any problems on shotguns, being run for extended periods or surviving lots of recoil.

gsxrac

Enlightened
the Malkoff M60 in a proper fitting 6P hasn't had any problems on shotguns, being run for extended periods or surviving lots of recoil.

If you experience a failure of a M60 for any reason. (Even if you accidentally tape some C4 to it.) Just contact me and I will replace it. Some of the team training members at Magpul Dynamics have over 100,000 rounds on their M60's with no failure. I stand behind my stuff.

Thanks, Gene Malkoff

Gene Malkoff himself :rolleyes:

Last edited:

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
Guys, lets not forget about the Malkoff M60L. It was made for the plastic lights, has better output than the P60L, and is a Malkoff. I have a partner who has one in a G2 on an AR-15 and it works perfectly. It has been on for more than a year and went with him to two rifle classes.

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
I would recommend to not bother with the plastic version and simply go with the All Aluminum version host with the Malkoff M60 for good heatsinking. the bezel is outside of the plastic shell and putting a metal one over plastic does not change the heatsinking all that much, especially in a light that isn't going to be hand held and have heat drawn off into the hand some what.

If you are going to stick with the G2Z then I would stick (as much as I hate to say this) with the lower power SF LED for less heat and heat related problems.

Sorry. I've already purchased a Nitrolon SF G2Z. I'm a poor cop. I can't afford an aluminum Combat light. :mecry:

Guys, lets not forget about the Malkoff M60L. It was made for the plastic lights, has better output than the P60L, and is a Malkoff. I have a partner who has one in a G2 on an AR-15 and it works perfectly. It has been on for more than a year and went with him to two rifle classes.

Ok. Somebody please school me on the Malkoff M60L lamp assemblies. Obviously, I don't know a thing about them. :whistle:

I was thinking the SF P60L would be fine for my duty/home defense scattergun. But sounds like Mr. Malkoff has built a better mousetrap. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts