Some beamshots (led and incan)

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
Couple of days ago I was in countryside, and I took few recently acquired flashlights. I have been mostly interested to compare difference between Philips Focusline G4 6V halogen lamp and my SSC P7 conversion (CSXOI bin P7, DX P7 reflector and Kai 3 mode P7 driver) for UltraFire WF-500. Other flashlights were UltraFire C2 (bought as kit, Q5 led and excellent 15880 driver from DX), KD version of UltraFire 008 recoil thrower called Viewfinder and finally UltraFire WF-502D with DX 14442 R2 drop in. As expected, Viewfinder is the best thrower, and P7 produce the greatest amount of light, but G4 halogen is very close, and incan definitely looks better outside (especially in the wood). Note, my camera don't have manual settings, but beamshots looks pretty realistic. The distance to the house is about 25 yards.

Hrvoje

Last edited:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assessing the gif below, the DX drop-in R2 doesn't seem to have more light than Q5, but only a brighter and bigger hotspot. Look in the its spill.

c2886c17c9.gif

GIF animations generator gifup.com

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
True. With the naked eyes, it is hard to tell which one is brighter. On the other hand, C2 has a bigger reflector then P60 size drop in module.

Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
Some more beamshots. Meanwhile I modded KD Viewfinder recoil light with DX sku 15880 5 mode driver and UCL AR coated lens from Flashlightlenses. Uniquefire HS-802 is modded with DX sku 7882 19 mode driver, and I slightly overdrive R2 pushing 1.3 A through it. UCL AR coated lens is still on the way for this great thrower. I also replaced Cree Q5 in Ultrafire C2 with XP-G R5 from KD, and original lens with 37.9 mm AR coated one from the same "CPF beloved" supplier. Although beamshot of Ultrafire WF-501B with warm white Q2 5A drop in looks weak compared to others, it is very pleasant to eyes, especially outdoor. WF-500 P7 only modification is 52 mm AR coated lens from KD. The distance to the house is 80 meters.

Hrvoje

Last edited: