LOD Rebel issue/?

Siggyhk

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Fenix LOD that I've had for quite some time now -maybe two years this things been on my keys. It has never failed to work. And it's been my most used light by far.
I bought some EO1s as gifts for Christmas last year. I was looking at the one I gave my friend, and it seemed really bright to me. I compared it to my LOD and it seemed much brighter than mine even on high. I switched batteries and had the same results.
Is it possible that my LOD has been damaged is some way? I haven't used any unusual batteries in it and can't think of what could have caused it to not work properly. All modes still work, and low is still the lowest, high still the highest. Stobe and sos still work.
Any thought or suggestions are appreciated.

Siggyhk

Newly Enlightened
After doing some searching, I think I've found the problem. It appears my LED is burnt. It's very clearly brown (the LED itself). From what I've read this is common with rebel LEDs, but it's supposed to happen within 24 hours of use? I'd guess mine has been used for many times that so I'm not sure what the deal is exactily.

After digging up the box that this light came in, I see it's actually marked "L0D CE Premium Q4". So it's not a Rebel LED after all. All this time I thought that it was for some reason. Anyhow, just something to note.

Last edited:

MKLight

Enlightened
It does sound like your LED is blown, but have you tried cleaning the threads and the bottom of the battery tube? Also, depending on where you got it, the distributor may warranty it....