New LED Technology

Swiftmove83

Newly Enlightened
Olight has the M20 Titanium limited edition light with:
Luminus SST 50, Max: Output 500 Lumens

but it comes with a $300 price tag.

Will companies light Olight come out with lights in this size and design using the new LED technologies, but not in a "limited edition" so they can come down on the price.

Not sure if anyone has any cool news to enlighten us on this matter.. (enlighten..get it? :crackup:)

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
new?

the SST-50 LED has been discussed quite a bit on cpf. there's even a review to another SST-50 flashlight in my sig.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has already been posted:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/239052

FYI, the "enlighten" cliche has been used so many thousands of times on this site that it no longer even "funny because it is a cliche;" it has progressed into cliched cliche category, and is no longer funny in any normal usage.

Swiftmove83

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen it in a lot of smaller flashlights in the larger distributors...
not talking about drop-ins and modded lights, or the bigger flood lights...

im talking it would be cool to see a NON "titanium limited edition" version of of the M20 Olight.
Have that 500+ Lumen with a smooth tight beam and not a lot of flood. But at a good competitive price.. not the $300 price point of the titanium...:thumbsup:

Just looking for "NEW" news of any upcoming "NEW" products from company's... not the best idea to search old threads.. I dont want to hear about the new stuff that came out in 2008 :p

Last edited:

Swiftmove83

Newly Enlightened
it actually wasnt suppose to be funny.. kinda the point...

is it me, or do all the little kids or cranky guys just getting home from work just come on?

relax people.. learn and get new information.. :)

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
Cheaper lights with the new led technologies would be nice.

Sometimes I just fell like too much of the same...like having hundreds of different car models but all with the same engine...:sigh:

UpChUcK

Enlightened
You can have a single-mode or 3-mode SST-50 or SST-90 light for $95-105. Get a SST-50/90 drop-in and a Solarforce L2 host and you'll have a nice little 1x18650 light. Or put it in a Surefire 6P for a 1x17670. No need to pay $300. :sssh: :whistle: :D

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can have a single-mode or 3-mode SST-50 or SST-90 light for $95-105. Get a SST-50/90 drop-in and a Solarforce L2 host and you'll have a nice little 1x18650 light. Or put it in a Surefire 6P for a 1x17670. No need to pay $300. :sssh: :whistle: :D

everything new is expensive unless on DX. :p

Swiftmove83

Newly Enlightened
these drop ins I hear about sound interesting... I will need to look more into this...
not sure what all parts are needed to buy and what involves assembling them..but they seem sweet!..
any charts or all that crazy review and cool stuff anywhere to look at on these drop in builds?

looks like I have some more research to do.

Swiftmove83

Newly Enlightened
Awesome stuff, thanks for all the input everyone. Def lots of toys out there :twothumbs