forward clicky for Jetbeam Jet-l Pro?

KAP

Newly Enlightened
any word on jetbeam making a forward clicky tailcap for the Jet-l Pro v3? i see that bugoutgear.com has ones available for the JetIII, JetII, MIX, and Raptor, but no Jet-I. what gives!?
i just got one and while im LOVING the light, i thought i could deal with the reverse clicky, but i hate it. I didnt realize how much i used the momentary function of the forward clicky on my E1e until i no longer had it.:thinking:

Rochefort

Newly Enlightened
+1 I also would love a forward clicky on my Jet-1.
Does somebody know a mod for this?

kavvika

Enlightened
You could try unsoldering the square switch from the PCB and then soldering one of these on. I'm not entirely sure if this will work the the Jet-I, but based on my Jet-III and pictures of other Jet-III's it appears that the forward switch module is simply the original PCB with a new switch soldered on.

I just took apart my Jet-III forward switch and it looks identical to the KD replacement forward switch. The measurements are spot on, too. YMMV regarding the Jet-I switch, though. What does the Jet-I black plastic switch module measure?

I find the forward switch to be perfectly usable with IBS. This would be a great mod to do, and you could sell the remaining switches or offer to mod them for others.

Last edited:

KAP

Newly Enlightened
I just took apart my Jet-III forward switch and it looks identical to the KD replacement forward switch. The measurements are spot on, too. YMMV regarding the Jet-I switch, though. What does the Jet-I black plastic switch module measure?
how do you take the tailcap apart?

KAP

Newly Enlightened
ok got it.
the switch measures about 8mm x 11mm on the base - rectangular with the shorter sides being rounded. the height is about 10mm

oh, and the switch wasnt soldered to anything. no pcb was in there. the spring had a gold-colored plate on the bottom that butted up to the bottom of the switch and the retaining clip just smashed everything together.

Last edited:

kavvika

Enlightened
Oh, maybe it's not possible then, if the switch is a self-contained unit. Do you have a picture?

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Due to the way you enter program mode on the IBS lights, a fwd. clickie could accidentally enter program mode when not intended. If pressing the fwd. clickie 3x it will enter program mode.

So what you are saying is you would like a single cell Jetbeam that can run on AA and maybe even come with a spare body for a single CR123 and with a fwd. clickie? Hmmm...

:whistle:

Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

KAP

Newly Enlightened
So what you are saying is you would like a single cell Jetbeam that can run on AA and maybe even come with a spare body for a single CR123 and with a fwd. clickie? Hmmm...

:whistle:

Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
pretty much. the jet-I v3 has become my favorite light and ive only had it a week. the build is superb, the size is just right and it just feels great in your hand... like i said tho, my only gripe is the reverse clicky. i would fore-go the IBS, S.O.S./beacon mode in a second to get a forward clicky. so long as it offered the 3 brightness levels - a low(1-4L) med (30-60L) and a MAX i would be psyched!

but i'll keep my mouth shut and wait for whatever youve got up your sleeve:wave:

kavvika

Enlightened
IMO, IBS is what makes Jetbeam a Jetbeam. IBS is what more than makes up for the slight efficiency hit. Yes, they make well-machined lights that feel great in the hand, but I wouldn't give them a second look if a programmable interface with no strobe/SOS wasn't offered. I would just go out and buy another 6P, or maybe a C2 instead (I'm referring to my Jet-III).

I've never had a problem accidentally entering programming mode with a forward switch. It's almost hard enough to get into anyways. I could actually see it easier to enter with a reverse clickie, as once pressed from on the switch springs back on, as opposed to clicking off long enough to cancel the three presses in whatever time frame is required when switching modes.

However, KAP, if you are really interested in a light just as you described, might I suggest the new Dereelight C2H with AA body. I feel the build quality is just as good as Jetbeam's, it has three preset modes with the same output as you listed, a forward switch, is upgradeable with different pills as new emitters come out, and can run AA, CR123A, and RCR123A batteries. I have one and it's actually the first light I've liked enough to bother EDCing. Before, I just ran around with a Arc AAA on my keys.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the IBS interface, but actually like it even better with the forward clicky. My JET-lll Pro ST came with a reverse ckicky and I replaced it with a forward clicky that I got from JETBeam. Now I just got a new JET-l Pro V3.0 and would really like to replace the reverse clicky with a forward one also. It's not that easy to just throw a forward clicky in there, because as I found out with the JET-lll....there are four parts you need. Below is a picture of all four of the parts I needed for the JET-lll. I wonder if it is the same assembly for the JET-1....only smaller? And, does anyone know where I can find the forward clicky assembly parts for the JET-l? Thanks!

sw125172442_std315133158.jpg

Here is a picture of the reverse clcky in the JET-lll. The one in the JET-1 is the same...only smaller. As you can see it is a one piece unit and is absolutely useless as a part to put the forward clicky in. I suspect that I will need all four parts for the forward clicky in the JET-l also.

Dsc01521-1.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlike

Enlightened
Does anyone have any additional feedback or ideas on this? I purchased a Jet 1 V3 and really like it but would much prefer having a forward switch.
I emailed Jetbeam Customer Service and they replied saying "I will forward your email to our relative colleague for consideration".

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi FlashLike.

I have swapped out the Jetbeam switch and replaced it with a Fenix forward clicky on some of my RRT Jetbeams and it works perfectly so you might want to have a look at this option.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Hi FlashLike.

I have swapped out the Jetbeam switch and replaced it with a Fenix forward clicky on some of my RRT Jetbeams and it works perfectly so you might want to have a look at this option.

I might give that a try. Why did you switch out the JB switch in your RRTs? They come with a forward clickie, don't they?

Also, where can I order a Fenix forward clicky? All I can find is the standard Fenix reverse clicky switch. I checked Lighthound.com and Fenix-store.com.

Last edited:

lewong

Newly Enlightened
I put in a forward clicky switch for a Lumapower M(M1-XRE, LM31, LM33, etc) in the earlier version of the Jet-I Pro I got from BugOutGear. I got the switch from Battery Junction.

I had to remove some of the anodizing on the threads for better contact and use a shorter spring. I also didn't need a retaining ring because the friction fit is very snug.

I have the IBS set at low, medium, high. In normal use, inadvertent switching to the program mode doesn't seem to be a problem because the three clicks need to be done in very rapid succession.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Due to the way you enter program mode on the IBS lights, a fwd. clickie could accidentally enter program mode when not intended. If pressing the fwd. clickie 3x it will enter program mode.
It is just as easy to enter program mode accidently with a reverse switch whilst the torch is on if you have your thumb anywhere near the tailcap switch, especially one so touchy as the jetbeam.

I was constantly doing this on my new ST BVC so I fired the reverse switch and jury rigged a forward switch out of a Romisen. At least with a forward switch there's no way it will accidently hit program mode once the torch is on, you'd have to actually switch it off first. Forward works much better for me.

I rather like my ST BVC's IBS system with a forward click switch fitted and if it also protruded I'd for sure fit one to my Jet-i if one became available.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi Flashlike.

I switched out the forward clicky on my RRT because it was playing up. I contacted the dealer and they said no problem and sent me another one, but I had to wait a week, so I tried the Fenix forward clicky and it worked like a charm. Still in there!

Also, I got the forward clicky from fenix-store.com. They used to advertise them in their parts and accessories but I haven't seen them for a while.

machtig

Newly Enlightened
Reviving an old thread. Any update on this? I'd really like a forward clicky for the Jet I Pro V3 that I don't have to solder or fabricate anything. I've checked bugout gear's and jetbeam's websites and come up with nada.

Brian

Last edited: