What kind of car do you drive?

zmoz

Enlightened
Just curious...what kind of car does everyone drive? I've got an aging Jeep Cherokee, although I'm seriously contemplating getting a Hummer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
'93 Corolla (brother's driving it), '98 Intrepid (sister's driving it), '99 Elantra (my current one), and '02 WRX (completely totaled... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Choua, WHAT happened to your WRX?! UUgghh...sorry to here that it's totalled.

Tomas, how do you have a 1990 Ford Temp with only 57,000 miles on it? My 99 Jetta almost has 78,000! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
1993 Toyota Pickup. Just broke 100,000 miles.
{801F63A6-4547-4A30-9749-24CA453E0637}lg.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A 2000 Rascal wheelchair/scooter thingie here. Gets me pretty much everywhere I need to go; I take the fry-brain-train if I have to go somewhere the chair can't go by itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laurence, I need to dig up that photo of the WRX... It still pains me to this day to see it... Long story short, I was driving down I-80 from Reno down to Sacramento, and on a sharp, downhill turn, a few cars ahead of me lost control and started sliding out of control in the rain, sleet, snow, slush, black ice, blizzard condition (and yes, it was that bad of a condition)...

And you know the rest of the story... Hit the brakes, started sliding, and just hoped that it didn't get any worse... 9 car pileup... Lucky that no one was seriously hurt in the accident...

BF Hammer

Enlightened
2001 fire red Jeep Wrangler. Right after I get back from a trip to the Twin Cities this weekend, the hard top comes off and soft top goes on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
2001 Lime green metalflake (aka golden sunburst) Kia Rio or a battered 1976 Mercedes 300D (non turbo you can out walk it up a hill from a stop)

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Laurence, I need to dig up that photo of the WRX...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gez!! First, I didn't know you had a WRX... second, that's awful! Sorry to hear about your car. Fortunately you came out of it ok! Are you planning on getting another one?

For what it's worth, I drive a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX, 5MT sedan, sedona red pearl.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I had one... I'm probably not going to get another one anytime soon... Hoping that the STi model is the kicker that it is... But otherwise, I'm contempt with my 30mpg Elantra...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I drive a WRB WRX sedan, 5MT. One of the first in New England, now with over 60K on the odo. Minor mods here and there but nothing big.

Wilkey
"Ginseng" on the NASIOC website (formerly i-club)

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
My car is a 1991 Dodge Spirit with 156,000 miles on it.
My wife's car is a 2002 WV Passat. great ride.

Since she's gone, the VW has become mine.... muhahah hah.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When she comes home, it becomes hers again and I replace the Dodge with something newer. I like the '03 4Runner LTD, but it's a little pricey.

-Jason

robk

Enlightened
'84 Porsche 944, new paint, custom fiberglass nose, '86 wheels, tuned header - no CAT, lots of other tweaks. A true money pit. Worse than the boats I've owned, but fun to drive. It's not home tonite, it's waiting for A/C parts to arrive tomorrow. I'm already panicking about the repair cost. And, it needs timing/balance shaft belts in another 3000 miles, plus the brand new SS muffler just blew out (under warranty). Clutch is going too, that's a big job on this car. I love it like a lady, but it is a pain in the a$$.
944.jpg

Rob

Bill.H

Enlightened
'95 F-150 In a few years it goes to the daughter and I get something new. 90% chance it'll be another F-150. 8 years and 92,000 tough, local miles and I haven't spent $400 on it yet (not counting filters and oil changes). No other vehicle I've owned in 33 years has held up like this has.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

fbe25dc0.jpg

fbe258d9.jpg

Freakin' new, off the truck new WRX, trashed in a blazing heap of snow... Custom everything, too. Didn't even have it's license plate yet...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

sotyakr

Enlightened
Ouch, that looked painful.

Oh yeah, I drive a '98 Forester with about 68K on the clock. A great vehicle to haul kayaks.

avusblue

Enlightened
Y'know, it's not a "babe magnet", but for me it's truth in advertising /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fbe253bc.jpg

We're looking forward to a 450 mile drive with three kids tomorrow morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Dave