Question for MrBulk....

stangster

Newly Enlightened
What happens if I place the batteries in the wrong way with my SN IIs?

Will it blow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

(Anyone can chime in if they know..) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

stangster

Newly Enlightened
lol..

No, just in case it happens accidentally one of these days..

Plus I'm giving my black one to my younger bro. He may not always remember which way it goes in..;) Heck, I may not always remember. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
stangster said:
lol..

No, just in case it happens accidentally one of these days..

Plus I'm giving my black one to my younger bro. He may not always remember which way it goes in..;) Heck, I may not always remember. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple,

Just think:

NIPPLES FORWARD

Brightnorm

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm not sure on the ccellmag, but i've got a naked dcell switch right next to me, and the positive contact area is recessed and will only make contact with the positive end of the batteries.

i'm not entirely certain why mag did this in the first place...being as incans work either way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C cell mags I've dismembered have a flat tab that has no recess around it. It would be possible then to place the batteries in backwards and have them make contact. Don't know if the spring will contact the nipple the wrong way around.

I noticed on Lumiled's tech sheet that 1 watt and 5 watt emitters are both given an absolute spec of >5 volts? An absolute rating of "greater than? Plus a note that they are not to designed to be reverse biased? Duh!?

Actually the Vf and battery voltage are not too far apart so a quick click in reverse SHOULD be tolerated. I don't think it should be left on for extended periods while one wonders why new batteries don't seem to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif