• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Milky Gossamer build - SOLD

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Howdy everyone,

My Ti fascination has me making some tough choices. I have a Milky light that is Ti and is getting coated, and then I have this Gossamer which I just got a month ago, and although it is much more flexible and bright than my other light, well, it just ain't Ti!!!

And I need some dough to coat my other Ti lights, otherwise this light wouldn't be leaving!

The light is perfect sans a bit of grease or something else that is on the tail cap over the www.surefire.com logo. I tried to rub it off, and more came off, but it will take more elbow grease than I want to push on to it!!!

Bright as the sun, works best on two rechargeable 123 batteries, but does work with primaries.

SOLD

Shipping included to the lower 48 in the USA - Paypal fees included.

Overseas will be a little extra.

Thanks everyone.

Joseph

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Last edited:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Re: FS: Milky Gossamer build

I forgot to add that it has a custom cut McR19 reflector and a glow-in-the-dark ring under the lens. I like the glow!

Joseph

Zot

Enlightened

Looks like a great light. Can you please provide more details? How does it work? How many levels? Will it work on a single 3.7V battery? Is it floody or a thrower? Thanks.

Viper715

Enlightened

Great light from a awesome builder. I have the Gossamer's little brother the Gosling. The tale of the tape said that it has the Califon firmware which is the same as mine. It is a multi mode light. It has 4 levels as low as .02 lumens and as high as 600-700 with two in the middle. It then has a miser mode by click 40 times which halves the brightness of each level which is about 1/4 of the power draw. It also has a tactical mode that is switched with 20 clicks. It goes high, strobe, medium, low, beacon. I do not believe that the light will work with one battery but I'll let the OP field it. The Gosling is built for one 3.7V.

Joseph Milton

Enlightened

Thanks for the input Viper.

Just like he said - four level from flame thrower to just barely there!

I don't think it works on one battery. The tape says to rechargeables.

It is floody, but with balls of steel. Not like a mule, well, a mule on steroids!

Joseph

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Re: FS: Milky Gossamer build - price drop

Let's try to get a bit more interest by taking off an Andrew Jackson.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

A cotton swap and some acetone probably would remove the mystery goo from the tailcap. Nice light!

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

thats some tidy soldering :thumbsup:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened

OK

I took another $10 off to help people off the fence!!!

Yeah, the acetone would get it off quick, but I just don't want to mess with it!!!

And yeah, the soldering is tidy as Merry Maid!

Joseph

Viper715

Enlightened

Whoa! At this price I might have to buy it! Come on someone pick up this beauty of a light and save me some money. This is just a steal if you've been thinking about getting a Milky Light. I would trade you my Gosling 1 cell for your Gossamer. I would love the extra burn time that was my only regret in getting the Gosling should have got the Gossamer.

Hammer Train

Banned

The Gossamer is a great build, c'mon guys at this price for a whole light it's a steal! :candle:

Now I'd be interested in the head only but is that an option?

Joseph Milton

Enlightened

Looks like this Milky creation is sold.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Joseph