Eagletac P100A2 & P100C2: The impossible to open flashlights?

ergotelis

Enlightened
Hi, i tried to open 2 P100A2 but in vain. I removed the ring, i removed the circuit by cuting the wires and that pill is impossible to remove!
Only one user has managed it here, but i guess that his flashlight was not that well glued. Has anyone else managed to dissemble the pill?
I tried heating it up, in vain. I tried too heating it a lot and then cooling it immediately with water. Nothing too.
Modding this two flashlights is much desired, because the new xp-g R5 would make a perfect match with that flashlight!

LUPARA

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if that would be the same for the T100C2 & T100C2 MKII - drop in XP-G R5?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried as well because my was not very waterproof, so some drops of water went into the head. I tried getting it out to clean the lens, but only got to removed the ring and that's pretty much it. My hands hurt from trying to unscrew the module with a plier. Still no luck. Sigh, I gave up.

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
I was able to remove the ring only on my P100c2. The pill was glued it so well that I could not get it to come off with my heat gun. All of my Surefires have come off using this method, but for some reason, the Eagletacs are using a much stronger adhesive. My reason for trying to remove was for a badly centered emitter.

I have given up on this light, but still a good light nonetheless.

ergotelis

Enlightened
Till now i removed the ring, the gold-platted spring and the driver by cuting the wires. That pill still impossible to come out!If i don't manage to get this off then the flashlight is impossible to fix. So i have to keep on trying.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bit of a zombie thread, here. Anybody have success opening these up? Picked up a close out P100C2 and would like to replace the XPG R2.