New to CPF: Introduction

Screehopper

Enlightened
Well, I just ran across CPF a few days ago and have been lurking through the numerous posts and finally registered today. I enjoyed reading through the EDC threads.

I never knew that there were so many flashaholics. I've had an affinity for flashlights since I was a small child. It's funny how when I was a kid I used to think that the Maglite was the ultimate flashlight. Now as an adult, Maglites are a thing of the past. I have evolved and learned. I also like knives and the gadgets.

I hope to talk to some of you later.

Joey

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF. Glad the forums is giving you some info on lights you might like... Just be ready to hold onto your credit cards...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Catman10

Enlightened
And start thinking of excuses you can give to your wife/gf as to why you need ten flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
catman10 said:
And start thinking of excuses you can give to your wife/gf as to why you need ten flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It not so much the 10-different lights my wife minds, it the multiple number of same types of lights.

"Why do you need (6) McLuxes?"
"Why do you need (4) E2E's?"
"Why do you need (2) M6's?"
"Why do you need (3) A2's?"
"Why did you just order (4) L4's?"

Why does she not see the logic in this?

Screehopper

Enlightened
I know what you mean on having to hide the credit cards. Online shopping is dangerous. I already have too many hobbies/interests which compounds things; mountaineering and backpacking, scuba diving, ham radio, photography, offroading. I gave up paintballing so that helped a bit.

All of my interests involve the accumulation of gear, gear, and more gear! It's never ending! haha

Joey

Screehopper

Enlightened
Oh yeah. What I currently have in flashlights. Still playing in the little leagues. =)

PT40
E2e-HA
Pelican Super Sabrelite
UK 2AAA
Petzl Tikka

The unfortunate remnants from the past....
3D Mag, MiniMag, AAA Mag

Joey

B@rt

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!
fc3d9dd8.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tattoou2

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! You will find not only a wealth of knowledge here but great people too. Just keep your wallet and credit cards far from your computer monitor!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! You can still make use of at least 2 of those Mags, with dropins. The Everled for the 3D, and a Luxeon dropin (sandwich) for what I presume is a 2AA minimag.