Nitecore EX10 vs. Fenix P2D

batmanacw

Enlightened
I just received my Nitecore EX10. What a great looking light. The finish is very nice. The whole light looks very well done.

I find the difference between this light and my Fenix P2D interesting. I am horrible at beam shots, but a description should work okay.

The Fenix light has a very smooth transition from hot center to bright flood. The greater amount of orange peel on the reflector helps to diffused the center slightly with decent throw.

The Nitecore EX10 is very similar to the D10 in the fact that the center spot is hotter than the Fenix light, but the transition is not as smooth. There is a slightly dark ring around the hot spot, and then a nice bright flood. These lights have less orange peel and I suspect this is why the transition is not as clean.

It is interesting that the Fenix claims 180 lumens for this light and the nitecore is more realistic at 145 lumens. They are nearly identical for brightness over all.

My Fenix lights have proven themselves for several years. They perform great and have been extremely dependable. I hope the Nitecore lights perform the same. They seem to be very high quality so far. I am really impressed with both of these companies.

My only gripe. The D10 is much warmer tint than the EX10. Both are R2 Crees.

climbinglife

Newly Enlightened
I love my EX-10 and echo your sentiments. I also own a few Fenix lights. That said, overall, I enjoy my Nitecore's a bit better. And i agree it's very difficult to discern between the two on max brightness.