XP-G DD or driver?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am starting a mod using 4 AA/NiMh in series with 3 XP-G R5's in series. Question is will this work as a DD set up if not any suggestions for a driver with this configuration?

Thanks

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am starting a mod using 4 AA/NiMh in series with 3 XP-G R5's in series. Question is will this work as a DD set up if not any suggestions for a driver with this configuration?

In series? That would give you about 9V forward voltage required for 350 mA. In that case you need more voltage or a boost driver. If you meant parallel, like I assumed on first reading, Lolzer is on target.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
In series? That would give you about 9V forward voltage required for 350 mA. In that case you need more voltage or a boost driver. If you meant parallel, like I assumed on first reading, Lolzer is on target.

Yeah i figured I probably would need a boost driver, looking for suggestions.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's Torchboy's driver database link. I selected only boost and sorted by number of LED's they can handle (got an error sorting on max so your candidates are at the bottom.)

Picking the drive level you want, modes, and size/space available probably narrow your choices down quite a bit.