is there a keylight that fits OVER the key?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Years ago (back when led's only came in red!) I had a little plastic keylight that had a slot that the key slid into. It jacketed the key. In this way you could light up the keyhole with one hand by merely squeezing the key jacket as you slid the key into the lock. IMO it was the best design for a keylight I've ever used. Unfortunately it was disposable when battery became depleted so it is long gone.

Does anybody still manufacture that type of keylight?

Paladin

Enlightened
I'd also like to find a source for one. The key for my motorcycle brake disc lock came with a built-in LED, but after a year the non-replaceable battery has died. For the meantime I'm back to relying on one of the freebie key chain lights.

Paladin

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks for looking folks. I was hoping to find one online...maybe even a high quality like a Photon but I can check Walmart and Home Depot. I don't do Dx

duboost

Enlightened
I have the one from walmart. The light is actually a part of the key rather than something that goes over it. Here's a pic of mine

photoksl.jpg

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the one from walmart. The light is actually a part of the key rather than something that goes over it. Here's a pic of mine

Wow that looks pretty good, not bulky like the others. I got to buy them online, no walmart here...

Last edited:

fareast

Enlightened

photoksl.jpg

Now that's a great design! I like it, especially the fact that the key is an integral part of the light itself! It must be very user-friendly! Too bad I have never seen them here in Dutchieland:mecry:. IS it using a 5mm LED?

__philippe

Enlightened
Could someone please provide the actual Home Depot SKU reference for the flat LED key holder discussed above ?

(The actual Manufacturer's name would also help)

Thanks.

__philippe

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
Wow that looks pretty good, not bulky like the others. I got to buy them online, no walmart here...

Well by the looks of it you will be out of luck. Seems this is a blank key you have to have cut. The light is molded onto the key. At least I do not see any other way that the key hole itself could be molded onto the key as in the photo.

Also if you read the statement with the photo that is what it says. I quote,>> "the light is actually part of the key, not something you pull over it"

But then again you may find them for your key make or car model but why would one want to pay three times the price with shipping and all added. Addmitedly Walmart is kind of hard on the little guys but the little guys buy most every thing from China or Tawain like Walmart.

My Brother-in-Law is the same way. "I WONT GO TO WALMART" You own an American Car. Well take out all the parts that are not made in America then get your very large pocketbook out to get that car running again. It's a world market. Of course this is a flashlight forum so forgive. ( Grin )

Cajun

Last edited: