Does this light exist??

bosh

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a EagleTac P100C2 from 4,7's fire sale and really like the light, but doesn't quite have the user interface I was looking for.
Does anyone know of a light that uses a single 18650 and has a slim tube design (think Fenix P3D, Jetbeam ST or P100C2) with a user interface that has a twist bezel tight for turbo, loosen for medium (like the P100C2) and here's the catch... while in medium half click to a low low output. No blinky disco lights or SOS stuff.
I've looked at all the lights I know of and can't find anything like that.

Any recommendations??

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't exist. As matter of fact the slim 18650 design is almost non existent... :eek:oo:
There are a grand tota of 3 slim 18650 lights which I can think of. Lumapower Encore, Jetbeam Jet III ST, and ShiningBeam.com has a model (forget the name) which is always sold out.
It blows the mind that more manufacturers don't make them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ShiningBeam light is the MG Mini II.

bosh its not a twist head for turbo it just 3 mode half click from low-med-high (no disco). Give one a shot if you can find one from the marketplace or Shiningbeam. Sounds like you would appreciate the UI, I certainly do.

recDNA

Flashaholic

bosh its not a twist head for turbo it just 3 mode half click from low-med-high (no disco). Give one a shot if you can find one from the marketplace or Shiningbeam. Sounds like you would appreciate the UI, I certainly do.

If the Mg Pli had a bezel turn to switch modes it would be the perfect flashlight IMO. I like to KNOW what mode a light is in BEFORE I turn it on. Just fussy.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yeah that would be a really nice UI. But nothing exists currently. Closest are the 3 lights already mentioned, although the lumapower encore has some reported QC and durability issues, so youre down to 2 (IMHO) the jetbeam and L-mini. I am happy with the P100C2 with a 17670, but I wish it had a ~10 Lumen low mode.

there are some tube shaped DX 18650 lights that use a soft press for mode changes, but you have to plow through disco strobes to go from hi to low and back again:ohgeez:

Shiningbeam had some really nice looking L-M-H 17mm boards a couple months ago... I should have bought some while I had the chance.:sigh:

pobox1475

Enlightened
A Quark with AW R17670 works well for me. If you can get by with two outputs it may work. More EDC friendly than 18650 light IMO.

groo01

Newly Enlightened
Groo here
The closes would be a TK 11 R2 18650 usable
on/off tail clicky and high/ low with a twist.:wave:

bosh

Newly Enlightened

I've been looking at the Mini II. It might be the closest to what I'm lookng for.
I'm going to hold out for awhile and see if anything turns up.
I like the P100C2 but the low is to bright for reading up close. I really like the twist for turbo, when I need bright light it's there before I turn the flashlight on.. really cool. I use it for work that's why I'd really like the longer runtime of the 18650 cell.

bosh

Newly Enlightened
I am happy with the P100C2 with a 17670, but I wish it had a ~10 Lumen low mode.

17670's will work in a P100C2? I'll have to pick some of those up for a little extra run time. The Eagletac would be almost perfect if it had the 10 lmn low along with the medium it has now.
I thought that light would only run on 7.4V Thanks! :hitit:

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
17670's will work in a P100C2? I'll have to pick some of those up for a little extra run time. The Eagletac would be almost perfect if it had the 10 lmn low along with the medium it has now.
I thought that light would only run on 7.4V Thanks! :hitit:

not only does it run with the 17670, but it runs just as bright and very well regulated. Its one of maybe 3-4 lights in existence that regulate so well with half the Vin. It draws .85A with a non-IMR 17670 cell.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also the Ra Twisty with the optional 18650 tube. Three levels you can set to whatever you want, but no clicky switch.