The Movie "Paranormal Activity"...

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine went to see it. Said it was the scariest movie he's seen in a while.

Also said the guy in front of him crapped his shorts, and had to leave.:eek:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
IT is definitely worth seeing! Come in there with low expectations... and you come out with a jaw dropping experience! You will not regret going! This is a movie worth seeing in the theaters and not renting. The audience's reactions add to the suspense! GO FOR IT! Me and my fiancee loved it!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine went to see it. Said it was the scariest movie he's seen in a while.

Also said the guy in front of him crapped his shorts, and had to leave.:eek:

That's why it is a bad idea to have a Taco Bell next to the movie theater....:duh2:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Wendy got minor motion sickness from the "Blair witch" filming style.
I LOL'ed a few times.
Some in the audience were really into it. No crapping in the pants but lots of curse words flying around.
There were a few neat creepy moments and it was worth the trip. Not something that would be as good if you watched it at home.

It really ramps up at the end, if you find it too slow a pace at the start just hang in there.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
That is the best reaction to a movie I have ever heard. My buddy and I had a guy crap his pants after we slammed him at work, but that was different. Now I've gotta go see this flick! :paypal: for 1 diaper!

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wendy got minor motion sickness from the "Blair witch" filming style.
I LOL'ed a few times.
Some in the audience were really into it. No crapping in the pants but lots of curse words flying around.
There were a few neat creepy moments and it was worth the trip. Not something that would be as good if you watched it at home.

It really ramps up at the end, if you find it too slow a pace at the start just hang in there.

Is it all blair witch or more like district 9? Gona pass if it's all.

generallobster

Newly Enlightened
as a person who likes flashlights, you should see it for this reason alone because it will further convince you that a good flashlight is a nice thing to have when it's dark. If that $hit was happening to me, I would probably have a quark and fenix duct taped to my arms at all times. Why they didn't buy a flashlight is beyond me.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:/ Did not see D9, sorry. It was Blair witch without most of the running and with some tripod action.

Try not to post any spoilers now for the ones that didn't see it yet! :)

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
Fell into the isle laughing once in a cinema, Guy Ritchie's Snatch. Went with a mate and we both were sore with laughter afterwards, sick kind of humour but I work in an often sick job, an ED (US= ER).

Shitting your pants however , thats just weird.

Andy

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
apparently the movie was so scary, people walked out of the initial test screenings, and even Steven Spielberg didn't finish it because when he watched it, the locks on his bedroom door locked and refused to open. he had to get a locksmith.

if you ask me, thats a pretty freakin scary movie...

from wikipedia:

In a strange twist, Spielberg allegedly returned to DreamWorks the next day with the DVD in a "garbage bag" because he thought the DVD was "haunted". According to Spielberg, minutes after he viewed the film, his bedroom doors "locked by themselves" and he couldn't get out without calling in a locksmith.[8][9] Despite this, Spielberg loved the movie and helped to greenlight a remake to be produced by Jason Blum and directed by Oren Peli again.

During the screening, viewers began to walk out of the theater. Goodman was afraid that he made the wrong decision and that the screening was a bomb until he learned (in a twist reminiscent of the famous screening of 1979's Alien) that the viewers were actually truly frightened by the film and were leaving for that reason.

Crenshaw

Norbert815

Newly Enlightened
Wow. First off it was not scary. Sure it would suck to be them (no spoilers), but i was bored through the entire thing. People around me felt the same way and ended up making fun of it the whole time. The only freaky aspect is that it isn't filmed like a movie so it seems realistic. As far as someone crapping their pants, they need help.

Don't expect much.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i liked it. it's more scary in the suspense and the build up of it. cgi is not the only way to scare.
i watched a midnight showing(only available at the time) which i think is pretty clever. when you get home around 2 in the morning it's the most active period in the movie.
but i didn't get any weird noises or activities myself :grin2:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally wouldn't mind seeing it again lol
The guy was really funny and reminded me of myself.
The movie kept you holding on until the end, and unlike some scary movies, it actually ended off really well, unlike Blair Witch Project.
Keep in mind, the film had an 11k USD budget.
And what they did with the film... man...
But I would not compare it to the movies above.... it was way better.

Yesterday I was studying with my fiancee... and all of a sudden my radio went on... we both looked at eachother... and I was like... you have got to be kidding me! I was like there is some sort of Paranormal Activity Sh** going on! She was like.... No.... you had your alarm set for this time... ( I set it for PM instead of AM :oops:) I looked at the alarm clock and I was like... "Oh Well...:(" It was a fun 5 seconds I guess lol:nana: