SureFire LX2 LE Limitation / Accessory Needed

dwever

Newly Enlightened
Used a new LX2 for the first time Friday night 6p-4a. Great light, but for traffic stops I need it to click on and not require constant pressure (spinning it to lock on is unsafe as it requires two hands) - another safety limitation is for LEO's using the "cup-and-saucer" low-light pistol sighting technique, it needs to lock on.

Is any such accessory or modification available for the light. Otherwise, it'll just be a great back-up light on my duty belt to my Stinger, and I'll use it at accident scenes.

I also prefer the more centralized beam and whiter light of the 185 lumen Stinger for stops, but liked the LX2 beam pattern at an accident. THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get some NyoGel 760 from LightHound.

It will make the twist action alot easier. I always twist mine on with just one hand, it's smooth as butter.

climbinglife

Newly Enlightened
Lol, no I meant interesting I was having a similar notion while debating my purchase, and I'm not LEO.

I'd love to handle one first before I buy one but I don't see that happening.

I hope your fix works out for the OP...it sounds like it should.

dwever

Newly Enlightened
Yes, a click is what is needed, twisting with one hand is not an option because you have to twist over 360 degrees past the low beam, and it can be a safety issue.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
just out of curiosity, are there any aftermarket Clickies that would fit the LX2? That would be interesting.

If there were, we'd probably seen them by now. Considering the L1/L2/A2 shared the same type of switch and I don't recall seeing any clicky for them (someone can verify). The LX2 is no different, may not be the exact same switch but its similar.

climbinglife

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the L4 tail cap would fit. It's listed on Surefire's website as the Z57 tailcap. $ 42.00 bucks.

Although that makes it almost a 250.00 flashlight. Ouch.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the L4 tail cap would fit. It's listed on Surefire's website as the Z57 tailcap. $ 42.00 bucks.

The only tailcaps that work with the LX2 are the L1/L2/LX2/A2 tailcaps as they are all the same...inside anyway.

And when did SF raise the Z57 to $42!!! Thats rediculous!:thinking:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast

As DaFABRICATA said, they Z57 will not fit the LX2 since the threading is different (and the diameter too). If the Z57 did fit, you would lose the 2 modes since the LX2 tailcap has a resistor inside to get the low mode.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
No clickie tailcap for the LX2 AFAIK.

Look at the SF E2DL ... this might be the one you should have bought instead of the LX2, as it seems the interface doesn't suit your needs.

You can however put the LX2 head on a E2e or E2 body and use it with the Z57 clicky and get a single stage light. This can be an interesting solution should you have the E2e lying around (or get one cheap on B/S/T).

bernie

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: to OP!

I also can twist the tailcap of my surefire lights with just one hand only, but after i've seen some reports of problems with length of clip wich is over the tailcap and hinders it.

The tailcaps of surefire L series are NOT compatible with LX2, only heads.

And butter? no way! :p