tail-standable 1 cell with a low at least as low as the aviator's?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
preferrably s.f. If not, then i'm not sacrificing diameter for another brand, so it woudl need to be closer to 4/5 than 1" & absolutely no strobes or So.s. settings.

for example, the L1's low is way too bright. although it doesn't tailstand anyway.

Last edited:

kavvika

Enlightened
2-mode E1L with one of OregonShooters delrin tailcap guards? Or how about a 47's Quark?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
2-mode E1L with one of OregonShooters delrin tailcap guards? Or how about a 47's Quark?

if i can find one that tailcap adapter looks good either way. same diameter as the body, no mushroom. i take it that it only works on clickies? maybe i can trade my l1 for an e1l.

thanks.

kavvika

Enlightened
Yes, I believe it only works on z57 clickies. OS is currently out of stock, but actually does sell a L1 delrin tailcap guard as well. I know there's at least one other person that makes z57 guards, but can't remember any usernames.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I believe it only works on z57 clickies. OS is currently out of stock, but actually does sell a L1 delrin tailcap guard as well. I know there's at least one other person that makes z57 guards, but can't remember any usernames.

great, and that would fit my a2 also. i want those things for all my s.f.'s!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
b.tw. have any of those guys made something like that for the t1a?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get similar delrin tailcap shrouds for the E-series clickies or L1/L2/A2 tails from JS Burly's (look under Valiant Concepts Products).

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Nitecore D10 R2 is perfect. It tailstands, uses one AA or 14500 battery. Has the only piston drive light, and has completely variable output from about 3 lumens to 145 with nice balance between throw and spill. You can take a shortcut to the low and high with two clicks on the piston, and there's no strobe or SOS.

Oh yes, almost forgot. You can ramp it up or down and set it at any intermediate light position and it will remember that position when you turn it off.