Any more news on when the IlluminaTi Titanium AAA will be available?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, this is one of the most exciting lights coming out in the next few months, has there been any more info on when it will be available?

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to find anywhere what kind of reflector this light will have, any info on that?

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a link to this light? I never heard of it before and the search only comes up with this thread.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP reflector - weird I can't believe that the CPFMP post is 13 pages long and no one has asked what kind of reflector it has until now!

konut

Newly Enlightened
:awman: Thanks alot sol-leks! Posting in the main forum so now everyone will want one. You couldn't just :sssh: and keep it quiet. If I get backordered, I'm gonna blame YOU. :ohgeez:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry! Couldn't help myself, and that is weird that in 13 pages no one asked about the reflector and yet at least 6 people asked about trit slots. Thats cpf for ya. Oh yeah, and nice choice on going for the op reflector.

Now the cats out of the bag I guess, I still hope I get one!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP reflector - weird I can't believe that the CPFMP post is 13 pages long and no one has asked what kind of reflector it has until now!

I would have asked, but, in the last time, nearly each light comes with an Op if it isn't meant to be a dedicated thrower. I wouldn't see an AAA to be a dedicated thrower, so, I assumed it would have an OP.

The choice of an OP is nowadays the best choice, as Crees all have some rings and the overall output is high enough to invest a few Lumen to get rid of those dark rings in teh beam. With weaker emitters, I understood that the manufacturer wanted to concentrate the available light in the hotspot, but, especially with an XPG an SMO would be a deal breaker for me.

I read the sales-thread about the Titanium Jetbeam Raptor, that light IS a dedicated thrower (same as RRT-2 technically). Well, due to customers wishes, they changed the SMo for an OP! I bet people didn't want to invest nearly 300$ to get a light with a ringy beam...

:twothumbs OP rules!!! :twothumbs

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have asked, but, in the last time, nearly each light comes with an Op if it isn't meant to be a dedicated thrower. I wouldn't see an AAA to be a dedicated thrower, so, I assumed it would have an OP.

The choice of an OP is nowadays the best choice, as Crees all have some rings and the overall output is high enough to invest a few Lumen to get rid of those dark rings in teh beam. With weaker emitters, I understood that the manufacturer wanted to concentrate the available light in the hotspot
:twothumbs OP rules!!! :twothumbs

Exactly - I agree 100%. :twothumbs

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Matt, as long as you're here :grin2: , how's the light coming?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to it. Everyone is making a big fuss over the preon but the IlluminaTI looks way better still. It better live up to my expectations! :naughty:

Paramedic

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one.

Now that protected 10440:s has arrived to DX, i was wondering will they fit in IlluminaTI?

Will it go poof, if 10440 is used? It has been mentioned, that 10440 Li-Ion are not recommended, but will it handle the current?

Paramedic

Newly Enlightened
^ Anyone? I am asking this thing in this thread, because i cant post in the original sales thread @ marketplace.

I suppose new members cant?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is already available for pre-order. Matt said he expects to receive them by monday and then start shipping them out right away.

Paramedic

Newly Enlightened
It is already available for pre-order. Matt said he expects to receive them by monday and then start shipping them out right away.
Thanks for info, but the question i am looking for answer is the one above my previous question ->

Ordered one.

Now that protected 10440:s has arrived to DX, i was wondering will they fit in IlluminaTI?

Will it go poof, if 10440 is used? It has been mentioned, that 10440 Li-Ion are not recommended, but will it handle the current?

Anyone?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah, no clue. I'm not gonna be the one to test it tho, let me know how it goes for you though.:grin2: