MG PLI MC-E vs Surefire L4

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
I tried searching and didnt find anything. But how does the MG PLi compare to the surefire L4. I have a chance at one for a good price, but not sure if it will be better than the MG. Price always seems to be a factor.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
pli is much brighter and has 3 modes (low med high)

the suerfire has only 1, (med)

pli is much cheaper.

you can lose or break both.

i own the pli,

i dont own a surefire.

yet

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I tried searching and didnt find anything. But how does the MG PLi compare to the surefire L4. I have a chance at one for a good price, but not sure if it will be better than the MG. Price always seems to be a factor.

Price is THE factor for me. The reason I don't own a Surefire and probably never will is because other flashlights offer more for the money. We often hear, "SF are most popular with men whose LIVES may depend on their flashlights" yet many of these men use the incandescent versions in which bulbs burn out. I'd rather risk my life than a Fenix with an LED lights than ANY incandescent light. We also read threads about SF flashlights with one problem or another so they are not infallible.

SF are undoubtedly well built and well designed but for those of us on a budget I'll never be convinced they give the best bang for the buck. If you cut their prices in half SF would be price competitive but still not cheap by any means IMO. As for used...I'd never risk my life on any used mechanical device.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time someone brings up surefire I feel like I've stepped into a mac vs pc debate and I just quietly back out of the room....

Vesper

Enlightened
Every time someone brings up surefire I feel like I've stepped into a mac vs pc debate and I just quietly back out of the room....

nightmare.gif

:laughing: