The demise of Surefire DB will be BAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
The loss of the Surefire DB will IMHO be a more serious loss to Surefire than they can possibly imagine. The DB was not only a place for afficionados of SF products but was a natural forum for SF to get positive feedback from the end user. I during my time as a DB member saw loads of issues raised with SF which almost certainly benefitted them as to problems with not only design but also QA. The chief engineer as well as other members of staff regularly commented on problems with their products which could only be positive. Now they are relying on bulk sales to the military to sustain them and in all honesty whilst the military application of SF's products is obvious they will put themselves at risk from competitors who will see an opportunity to challenge them in the LEO and civillian market place.

Of course I'm biased......I love SF's products but my brand loyalty was reinforced by their ability to listen to their customers. I somehow doubt that the loss of the DB will be a marginal event for them?

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.