LED Lights in the $1-3 range.

only1asterisk

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a couple hundred lights to give away in OCC shoe boxes. These will be used by kids and need to outlast a couple sets of batteries.

Any ideas on the better of the chicom lights and most reliable wholesalers?

nbp

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, in that price range, you are pretty limited. The only thing that jumps to my mind is coin cell type keychain lights. Lighthound sells them very cheaply in bulk, but it will cost more to replace the batteries than the lights cost originally if you want to keep them that long. Maybe someone else will know of some lights from KD or DX that are very inexpensive.

hoffmand

Newly Enlightened
Actually, the 50 pack saves him a whole $0.40. Think of how much junk he could buy on DX with that savings. :nana:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Actually, the 50 pack saves him a whole $0.40. Think of how much junk he could buy on DX with that savings. :nana:

Actually the 50 pack is still more expensive. If you purchase 200 lights, four 50 packs are 87.42. Twenty 10 packs are $76.93.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the keychain lights, that 10 pack, I've bought many times and they are great. Although, they actually eat batteries fairly fast, so it might not be great for ur needs.

This is a little above your range, but I very much like this 4 dollar light:

http://www.goldengadgets.com/led-li...shlights/cj-1-watt-pocket-led-flashlight.html

It claims to be 50 lumens, but I don't think it really is, maybe like 30-35. Still it is a decent little light. I've bought three of them.

hoffmand

Newly Enlightened
Ah, bulk rates are cheaper :oops:. Either way, they are cool little lights for not much money.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wholesale site of qualitychinagoods used to sell 1xAAA 5mm lights for $1 each in large quantities. I'm not sure if they still do, but some other wholesaler is likely to have a similar offer.

only1asterisk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your suggestions. I keep trying to reply to the thread but it doesn't show up. I hope this one makes it.