Jetbeam Jet-II owners: Tactical Clicky on BugoutGear

fyrstormer

Banned
I am not in any way affiliated with BugoutGear USA or any of its subsidiaries or employees.

If there's anyone else out there with a Jet-II and they wish it had a forward-clicky switch, this is available: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/forwardclickie.html

Two notes:

1. The retaining ring that comes with the new switch is too big, but the switch and the dust cover fit just fine.

2. The spring is too long and needs to be cut down by a couple of coils.

That being said, neither of these problems is insurmountable. I got mine to fit like so:

1. I cut two coils off the spring and bent the end of the spring wire so it wouldn't gouge my batteries;

2. I superglued the plastic cover around the top of the switch;

3. I pressed the new switch boot into place in the tailcap with a tiny screwdriver to get the edges of the boot to lay flat (the old switch boot is too short);

4. I put more superglue on the top of the switch cover, pressed it into place against the back of the switch boot inside the tailcap, and screwed the tailcap into place on the battery tube while I waited for the glue to dry.

This won't hold the switch in place if you click it while the tailcap is removed, but it works fine once the tailcap is installed, and the glue will keep the switch from falling out when you change batteries.

Bonus functionality! Because the electrical connection is now made by the battery tube pressing against the circuit board on the back of the switch, instead of passing through the un-anodized threads, it is now possible to lock-out the light by unscrewing the tailcap slightly. So now it's a real tactical light with a lockable forward-clicky switch. Definitely worth the $7 to get the thing and the 10 minutes to put it all together.