• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Necklight Custom Build

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The returning customer wanted a Ti light that he could wear around his neck 24/7, so it had to be Ti. And he wanted it to match his flashlight, too. :D

To keep it small, he choose a 10180 rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery and a mini FluPIC driver. To go with those parts, I cut down a McR-16S reflector to 13mm diameter to work with the Seoul P4 LED.

He also wanted to use a Ti chain, so the split ring hole was bored much larger than normal, 3mm diameter, in order to accommodate a 2.5mm chain.

And we had to have eight segmented blocks along the axis, nothing more, nothing less. :crackup:

O-ring sealed for waterproofness, too. Final weight, including batttery: 0.6 ounces. Diameter: 15mm; Length: 42mm; 6AL4V Titanium

Somehow, it all came together:

SDCloseUp.jpg

SDFinalLit-1.jpg

SDFinalSlant-2.jpg

SDFinalLit-2.jpg

SDReflector.jpg

Much to my surprise, there actually was a hot spot despite using a cut-down reflector. This little sucker is bright on the FluPIC's high setting.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:eek:oo: That's purdy!

Seems to be about 2/3 the length of a Killer, with a similar OD? Although about twenty times as bright! :laughing:

:thumbsup: john

sed6

Enlightened
Somehow, it all came together:
Fred, you don't give yourself enough credit! It came together because of your professionalism and talents.

I'm the lucky recepient of this great light and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! As Fred mentioned it's a little brother to the custom Ring Light he built me two years ago. That light has been my EDC light literally every day. After my chrome Drake finish failed me because of it's constant contact with my skin I decided I needed another neck light.

The form and driver of the Drake are tough to beat but I called on Fred to do better. I gave him the impossibly tough job of duplicating my Ring Light in every detail but at 1/2 size. He rose to the challenge and created the beautiful light you see.

Amazingly our collaboration on this light only took about five emails and once Fred got cutting on it, it was completed really quickly.

Gawd, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Hurry up and get that light to me!

Thanks again Fred for your great work!

sed6

Enlightened
Hey Fred-
The light arrived today and all I can say is wow!
It really is a work of art. The fit and finish and your attention to detail is excellent. I'm taking some pictures of it with it's big brother and I'll post them soon.

Last edited:

sed6

Enlightened

Here is my new Neck Light with my original Ring Light (also from Fred) along with my wedding band that served as inspiration.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:drool: Sweet!

I don't remember your avatar logo being etched into the back of the Ring Light! :twothumbs Nice touch.

Great pics Sed... and nice work Mr. Fanatic. :D

:thumbsup: john