Need a kickin' 2c

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
We now have some parking lot spotlight patrolling to do on the job. It's a hotel parking lot. I need to turn my humble Mag 2c led into a decent thrower.

Ok, so hit me...how do I turn this pip-squeak-ish 2c Mag into a decent thrower with lumens somewhere in the 200-400 lumen range WITHOUT going over $75 and WITHOUT tearing up the light?

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, so if you can suggest a one-stop place to get the stuff to drop in and go, that'd be great, but I will order online if necessary. And 1 hour-ish or better run-times please! :)

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't get full output from the Malkoff with only two cells, but it still might be the best option.

I'm not sure if you could do a ROP low build (including cells & charger) for $75.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a FiveMega Extender Tailcap for 2 18650 Lithium Ions
Its stainless steel so its good for hitting things that go bump in the night
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/215997

Then you'll be able to run the Hi Power Malkoff Dropins
Hope you already have the cells and charger.
Not a bad investment if you don't though.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Simplest choice would be the Malkoff. 2 Li-ion C cells will also power a ROP bulb for a good amount more output then what you stated. If you want to mod something, this thread might be a start.

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
I suppose a led would be ideal for greater run-times, but the main thing is killer throw. So I can do a simple Malkoff drop-in with NO extra modding??

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast