Observations while "hiking"

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went on a little walk in the woods the other day to show a friend an abandoned lab facility. I used to play airsoft in there. Fantastic CQB environment. anyways usually my light needs fall into two categories.

1. tactical brightness. Use it as force multiplier in airsoft games. So throw is important to concentrate light at opponents' faces.

2. EDC. your basic needs.

however while walking thru the woods i was doubling with my Fire Kylin L6 porky clone and my E2D w/ KL4

I really liked the clean flood of the KL4. for immediate surroundings. But used the L6 to check for wildlife and noises at far off distances that the KL4 cant reach. For example deer were around us at a distance. the Porky lit then up really well. but since the beam is too concentrated it was a little annoying to try and walk around with it.

I usually EDC with my E1B or A2 nowadays. the KL4 is nice but the head gets too hot and I dont need all that brightness.

Im wondering how much of a difference a MCE Malkoff would be in the out doors compared to the KL4?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Toss in a Seoul and the brightness goes up, the light's beam becomes a bit more center weighted, and heat output gets cut at least in half.

All good.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually EDC with my E1B or A2 nowadays. the KL4 is nice but the head gets too hot and I dont need all that brightness.

Im wondering how much of a difference a MCE Malkoff would be in the out doors compared to the KL4?
You don't need a MC-E if you don't want heat, or need all that brightness. The M60WLF will have 3-4 times the runtime, a fraction of the heat, provide better illumination and about the same overall output as the L4. The L4 will throw a little further...