Reasonable Wait for Warranty Help

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once defective items are returned for replacement, repair or refund, how long does it take before you become nervous about the transaction? My guess would be that it should take less than two months unless unusual circumstances are involved.

Is it expecting too much hoping for resolution one month after returning bad merchandise? What has your experience been?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
It depends on the product, the company, what the warranty states, and what the company has told you. I think you'll have to be more specific if you want an answer that might apply to your situation.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some CPF members have mentioned it took several months before they had their problem resolved and that emails or calls sometimes went unanswered. These weren't fly-by-night manufacturers or dealers, but the reputable ones found here.

Over the years I've usually had my few warranty returns handled in 2 - 3 weeks, which I think is good service. Two months seems to be stretching it, however, depending on what the problems are.

Just wondering what others have experienced.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had quick customer service from all the manufacturers and dealers I have done business with. 4sevens, Ra Lights, and Khoo (Liteflux) have all been good to me. Including shipping time which can take up to two weeks, I have never had to wait longer than a month and a half. I think a month is more than reasonable if shipping only takes a few days.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only time I had to use warranty on a light took almost 12 weeks. No unusual circumstances as far as I know, just slow, and zero communicaiton.

Sold the light right after and will never deal with the company again, and the dealer as little as possible.