No more Malkoff P7 dropins?

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
Was checking the website today, and noticed that the Malkoff P7 C/D dropin's weren't on the website anymore.

tolkaze

Enlightened
Maybe its because I haven't looked for a while too, but the 4-5-6C and D versions have newer photo's? different revision? because I don't remember mine looking like that... still a SSC P4, just the photo's look different.

Hopefully this means revisions? or new emitter for high output? maybe a P7 triple :D

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
He had a small batch of XPG 2-3 D dropin's, so I imagine he is going to switch to that for the other standard mag dropins. Probably went ahead and updated the pictures.

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
All the Maglite drop-ins currently on Malkoff's website have the XP-G (probably R4 bin) pictured.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
All the Maglite drop-ins currently on Malkoff's website have the XP-G (probably R4 bin) pictured.

Looking at the pictures and my new Malkoff Mag 2-3D Cell XP-G drop-in it does look the same. I know for fact the pictures changed because I was very closely looking at the P4s and P7s for a week debating on weather to get one. They are still according to the descriptions the Seoul P4 U2 bins though. So probably just getting ready to release all the new series of Mag Drop-ins.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene appears to be on the move to newer LEDs:popcorn: Hopefully....

I for one would like to see the Mag SST-50 and 90 drop-ins. What about Malkoff Tripples with XP-G emitters driven at 1A each:candle:

His previous Tripple with Q5's did 686 OTF lumens...I can assume at least 700 OTF if he did do those again.

Time will tell.

bigC