Jetbeam RRT-s, lanyard question and anti-roll.

blacktop711

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm considering the light, but I see it comes with no lanyard. I did see a few references to a third-party solution, but I'd like to get more information.

The specs indicate "anti-roll," but I can't see how that light wouldn't roll.

Thx

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, I'm considering the light, but I see it comes with no lanyard. I did see a few references to a third-party solution, but I'd like to get more information.

The specs indicate "anti-roll," but I can't see how that light wouldn't roll.

Thx

The flat parts on the head will prevent rolling on flat surfaces with a shallow angle.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TCR3 rolls without anything stopping it, I suppose the RRT's are like that. The rounded parts touch the table, not the flats. :candle:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't figure out a way to attach a lanyrad on my RRT2... :sigh:

I wonder why they have neither the possibility of a lanyard, nor a clip. The light is a great thrower with a high built quality. It just needs a lanyard!

blacktop711

Newly Enlightened
Is that it? No solution? That is bizarre. Such a nice light, but without two very simple and common features.

Anyone have any ideas on crafting something to fit?

blacktop711

Newly Enlightened

Patriot

Flashaholic
As far as anti roll goes, the flat portions on the head provide very little stay. It's fine for surfaces that are designed to be flat but maybe aren't perfect. If it's the truck deck of an automobile forget it, it's going to roll.

Regarding the lanyard attachment, JB makes a stainless, slightly crenelated tail cap with a hole in it.

Scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/raptorrrt1.html

It also allows tail standing
JetbeamRaptor006.jpg

With regards to the lanyard ring from Lighthound, there's no issue with the installation as it fits between the cap and body at the natural space that's left there. If you look at my picture I've got a green colored o-ring there. It has nothing to do with the o-rings that seal the tail cap since those press outward from the body against the inner wall of the tail cap. There's no water tightness compromise. Think, "flat washer."

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Is that it? No solution? That is bizarre. Such a nice light, but without two very simple and common features.

Anyone have any ideas on crafting something to fit?

Hose clamp around the bezel. (You didn't say it had to be pretty...):poke:

gilly

Enlightened
When you say "a little," what do you mean?

Simply that the lanyard itself, which sticks out from the side of the tailcap bezel, provides SOME resistance to the light rolling.

The RRT-2 is a nice light - you aren't going to want to put it down! (and definitely not on sloped surfaces...)

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this for a clip for the RRT-1...

I tried my Novatac clip and it is useable.
http://www.lighthound.com/NovaTac-EDC-Flat-Pocket-Clip--NEW-STYLE_p_1318.html

When it is put between the tailcap and body, it is really loose, but an o-ring helps to tighten it up and makes it useable.
Should also mention that the Novatac clip does NOT help in stopping the roll.

I haven't received it yet, but I ordered one of these to try also. http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-Removable-L2-Pocket-Clip_p_3251.html.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi max, what is the diameter of the ring for the novatac and the solarforce clips. I am thinking in getting one for the Jet II IBS.

AlexGT

Max Brightness

Enlightened
AlexGT,

The inside diameter of the ring on the Novatac clip is about 1". It is about 1/16" too big but it does tighten up when you add an o-ring. I stretch a 1/2" inside diameter o-ring which helps to fill the gaps.

As for the solarforce clip, I don't really know right now. I ordered some batteries from Lighthound yesterday and saw these clips so I put them on the order to try.

I thought the Solarforce L2 would be similar to a Surefire 6P or G2. I have the G2 which happens to be about the same size as the RRT-1 where the clip would go and hence the Novatac clip is still a little big. I am thinking the Solarforce clip might be a little smaller in diameter and may be a better fit. But as I say, I need it to arrive before I can confirm anything.

All the best.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I received my Solarforce clip yesterday.

This clip is larger than the Novatac clip and I didn't realize it was probably made to fit the head section of the Solarforce L2. It does make a nice clip for my Surefire G2.

As for fitting the RRT-1, it is too big to fit the tail. It almost worked fitted under the mode ring, but when tightened, it does not allow the ring to rotate.

So, the Novatac clip with O-ring is still the option I use.

AlexGT,

The inside diameter of the ring on the Novatac clip is about 1". It is about 1/16" too big but it does tighten up when you add an o-ring. I stretch a 1/2" inside diameter o-ring which helps to fill the gaps.

As for the solarforce clip, I don't really know right now. I ordered some batteries from Lighthound yesterday and saw these clips so I put them on the order to try.

I thought the Solarforce L2 would be similar to a Surefire 6P or G2. I have the G2 which happens to be about the same size as the RRT-1 where the clip would go and hence the Novatac clip is still a little big. I am thinking the Solarforce clip might be a little smaller in diameter and may be a better fit. But as I say, I need it to arrive before I can confirm anything.

All the best.

Last edited: