3.0V CR123R and chargers

Gawain

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

Since this is my first post, I am not sure this is the right section of the forum to post.
I have had a Fenix P2D for a while now and just bought Soshine 3.0V CR123R batteries to use with it. As understand it, my Ultrafire WF 138 does not allow me to get these batteries fully charged. I am not really technically educated, so could anyone please recommend a charger that would work with these batteries?
I saw this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1191
Would it work?

Thanks in advance.

fnj

Enlightened
I would sorta assume this is the one you should use http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.770
The issue is not that the WF-138 might not fully charge; rather it might overcharge and explode the batteries. I believe there are WF-138's that have a switch to select 3 or 3.6 volts, but I'm pretty sure not all of them have this switch. If you have 3.0 volt batteries than you must use a 3.0 volt charger.

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Enlightened
Seeing as you already have a 3.6/3.7v charger would it not be simpler to buy some 3.7v batteries?

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Some lights require the 3v batteries (Surefire E2DL), but most modern LED lights can handle 3.7v batts (per manufacturers specs). Does the Fenix require 3v cells? And yes, you MUST use a 3v charger with 3v cells or :poof:. Any charger labeled 3v should do.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gawain .....:welcome:

Your future Battery and Charger questions should be started in :

The Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included ..... Forum

since you asked .

The place where you
just bought Soshine 3.0V CR123R batteries ...... did they not also sell a matching charger designed for them ?
Could you not buy it there ?

Last edited: