What is the smallest single CR123 light?

wingnutLP

Enlightened
I tried a search but couldn't find anything what are the smallest and lightest single CR123 lights?

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Thanks... I will look at the nitecore I like the EZ AA that I have so it may be just the ticket.

It looks like Zebralight have switched everything over to clicky which is a shame as I much prefer the two H50's to the H501 that I have :(

Are there any really small Ti CR123 lights out there?

shark_za

Enlightened
Romisen RC-D6 is very small and as cheap as chips.

EDC_Torches.jpg

erlon

Newly Enlightened
With the Nitecore EZ123 you can´t com wrong.

You´ll have one of the smallest lights with power and quality.

chef4850

Enlightened
Take a look at the nitecore extreme (NEX). Great light! Surpurb amount of light for a single cell light. Looks great (my opinion) and decient run time. Infanite brightness setting and strobe (if your into that kind of thing).

Chef

Incidentalist

Enlightened
In addition to the ones already mentioned, Fenix has just released a new/updated model of their P1D called the PD10. As far as the Fenix lights go, the P1 would still be the smallest of the 3 (but only offers one level).

Muyshondt Nautilus would also be a contender in this area. They aren't made anymore, but you can find them in the b/s/t area and it looks like a few vendors still show them available on their sites.

wingnutLP

Enlightened
I have been happy with the EZ AA so I might give the EZ 123 a go I think.

Unless there are any Ti special edition or custom made lights anyone can suggest...

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, im not sure whether you'd wanna go into the Ti/custom area, its not good for your pocket. =P

Anyway, I haven't eyed on much good ultra compact 1xCR123 lights myself, but i do have a 1xCR2 in mind.

dagored

Enlightened
You said smallest. The Jil Lite Ti CR2 is smaller than the EZ123 by about a half inch, look here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=193253

Now, the Muyshondt Nautilus is still available at Brightguy in Ohio. It may be smaller than the Jil Lite.

EDIT: Just ignore this. I was comparing the CR2 versions of the EZ and Jil Lites, brain freeze.

However, the Nautilus is a 123 light.

Last edited:

dagored

Enlightened
lol, im not sure whether you'd wanna go into the Ti/custom area, its not good for your pocket. =P

Anyway, I haven't eyed on much good ultra compact 1xCR123 lights myself, but i do have a 1xCR2 in mind.

I just clicked on the link you are eyeing up. Go for it. I have had the polished version for about 3 weeks now and I take it everywhere. It is smaller than the EZCR2

kramer5150

Flashaholic
These are the smallest I am aware of (and the cheapest)... 6 bucks for 66mm total length. They should be one of the lightest too with a plastic reflector and front lens.
DX-SKU:2097

DX-SKU:2083

But they are significantly inferior to other cree-based lights in just about every other way I can think of.... (brightness, efficiency, quality...etc...). As with any low$$$ DX purchase, expect to spend some time tweeking and tuning to get light out of them.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just clicked on the link you are eyeing up. Go for it. I have had the polished version for about 3 weeks now and I take it everywhere. It is smaller than the EZCR2

The 4 mm you save in length cost you 70 lumens and $300 compared to a P1D

dagored

Enlightened
The 4 mm you save in length cost you 70 lumens and $300 compared to a P1D

Wow, I should sell mine. I only paid $150 for it, so its 80 lumens and $100, but its not titanium.

Last edited:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
These are the smallest I am aware of (and the cheapest)... 6 bucks for 66mm total length. They should be one of the lightest too with a plastic reflector and front lens.
DX-SKU:2097

DX-SKU:2083

But they are significantly inferior to other cree-based lights in just about every other way I can think of.... (brightness, efficiency, quality...etc...). As with any low$$$ DX purchase, expect to spend some time tweeking and tuning to get light out of them.

DX had this light sold as "pre-modded with a Cree P4" a while ago. They no longer sell them. I have one and it is insanely bright on RCR123. I have never seen anything smaller and brighter at DX/KD since then.

- Vikas