Eagletac T100C2 VS. Fenix TK11 R2??

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at both of these lights and would like to know your opinions.

Best thrower, Brightest, build quality ect.

I do own the TK40 and I am very impressed with it. :twothumbs

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Anto

Enlightened
I have the T100C2 OP and I love it more than the SMO reflector version. Slight loss of throw, but a really smooth beam.
I took some beamshots here.

clumma

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at both of these lights and would like to know your opinions.

Best thrower, Brightest, build quality ect.

I do own the TK40 and I am very impressed with it. :twothumbs

Thanks for your help.

Steve

I own both these lights. The build quality is high on both of them. The Fenix has a beefier chassis, but OTOH you may consider it overbuilt (heavier/thicker than it needs to be). The T100 has far superior beam quality: a tighter spot and beautifully usable spill. Tightest spot of any light I've seen, in fact. This suggests it is an excellent thrower though I haven't actually tested it for this. I have tested the TK11 vs. the EagleTac T10L, and the T10L was a better thrower. I strongly suspect the T100 is better still than the T10L.

Hope that helps.

-Carl

Last edited:

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. The links both go to the same thread, but it is a nice overview of the throw. What I am looking for is a light along these lines that uses the 18650 battery. So that would be in the $70USD or less range. Anymore thoughts are welcome as well as the obligatory "neither" comment with a light of your own you would recommend.

Steve

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both and even being a huge Fenix fan I have to give the nod to the T100C2.

It just feels better balanced in the hand and does seem to throw more. The beam is one of the best I own with a very tight hotspot with respectable spill. I also like the white tint T100C2 more than the cooler R2 in the TK11. I own a couple ET T and P models four total and all have very nice white tint.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have the P100C2 (the little sibling of the T100C2). Both lights use the C850 DC-DC circuit and IMHO its one of the things that really makes these lights special. Ceiling bouncing it against my 200L DIY-XRE-Q5 build, the two are identical. So I think the P100C2 is right around 200L OTF, and I wouldn't expect the T100C2 to be any different. The great thing about the C850 circuit in these lights is that they only need .85A from a single cell to generate that much light.... IMR-18650 not required:twothumbs. By comparison, my Q5-DIY build needs 1.3A to spit out the same amount of light.

I am not sure what the Fenix draws... but overall efficiency might be a factor in your decision.:p

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
Great information, I kind of feel disloyal to Fenix. I think I am leaning towards the T100C2. On there website they list this light as being on special, however do not mention what the special is. MMMMM I think I will pull the trigger tonight. Also, what do you think about the optional kit for $6USD?

C/P

KIT: Includes everything in base model, plus: Heavy Duty Nylon Holster w/ Flip (TN-C2), Mil-Spec Paracord Lanyard w/ quick attachment clip

strinq

Enlightened
The T100C2.
Been using this light the most among all my lights.
Beam is the best among my lights with the exception of the liteflux.
And i'm using the smooth reflector. Almost zero artifacts. Don't know how they did it but :twothumbs

Can't remember offhand if they offer it in neutral but you might want to go for that.

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
I've got the TK10 and like the heft of it. But for the money, I'd get the T100C2. I recently got a neutral T10LC2 and really like it. So much so I'm considering a T100C2. Also, ditto about the Neutral. I really like the tint. Good luck with whatever you get.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great information, I kind of feel disloyal to Fenix. I think I am leaning towards the T100C2. On there website they list this light as being on special, however do not mention what the special is. MMMMM I think I will pull the trigger tonight. Also, what do you think about the optional kit for $6USD?

C/P

KIT: Includes everything in base model, plus: Heavy Duty Nylon Holster w/ Flip (TN-C2), Mil-Spec Paracord Lanyard w/ quick attachment clip

Not sure about the RGB kit but get the holster and lanyard kit for sure. They are both really good quality.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you will be happy with your choice be sure and lets us know. If you don't already own some AW 18650 battery's and a charger now would be a good time to get into them.

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
I think you will be happy with your choice be sure and lets us know. If you don't already own some AW 18650 battery's and a charger now would be a good time to get into them.

10-4 I have the WF-139 charger and four batterys. Two are protected 2600, and two are unprotected 3000mah.

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
:D I got it today from http://www.eagletac-usa.com/

- great customer service!
- super fast shipping!
- prompt response to all emails!
- Free shipping!

The light as some of you may know is a awesome thrower!. I am impressed with the packaging, build and general quality of the light. Highly recommended. Thanks again for all the input.