Does the SF KL3 come in HA-BK?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are pics.

As far as i can tell, this KL3 is HA-BK.

dsc02486oy.jpg

dsc02487lq.jpg

dsc02488as.jpg

On a side note, I didnt know that the KL3 was shorter than the KL5. I always assumed that the KL3 was the KL5 but with a Fresnel lens and a weaker LED emmiter

dsc02489l.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
It does look pretty matt-black like Type III Black doesn't it... :thinking:

No promises but I'll see if I can dig up anything.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks very much like Type III to me, too :thinking: It matches the body very well. You could always try scratching it, with a coin or something similar, but then you might end up with a scratched KL3 if it turns out that it wasn't up to the task...

Regards,
Tempest

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I rather not. It will be another shelf queen. I dont plan on taking my Emerson C2 out that much.

To answer you question from the collection post, I picked it up at a local sporting goods store.

Interestingly enough when i briefly looked up the KL3 on google, I get interesting results. All the stock photos from Surefire look like TypeIII ano. also there seems to be a difference from the Nat-HA and HA-BK. the BK versions have the fresnel looking TIR lens while the HA-NAT have a smooth TIR lens like that of Kroma.

Al, any thoughts as to why they are different? I dont have a HA-Nat KL3 to compare but the pics I have seen online seem to point to that conclusion.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Mine certainly appears to be Type III BK. It is not shiny like the 6P, 9P and the A19 that I also have.

My KL3 has the fresnel type lens.