help me order a m1x. my first high $ light

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
first i read that this light may have some noise/pitch problems on the lower settings. if this is true i may dislike this light. i find small squeeling noises very anoying. should i even concider ordering this considering it may have these issues?

where can i get this light? i was told i could get a discount somewhere. i want to make sure i get the latest generation light.

and i'm going to need some batteries with a charger. some help here too please.

Last edited:

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
The M1X is an amazing the light. I have one, and I don't hear that beeping sound unless its right near your ear. Very very faint, you won't notice it unless you look for it. Also buy the extender so you can use it with 2 18650 batteries.

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
The M1X is an amazing the light. I have one, and I don't hear that beeping sound unless its right near your ear. Very very faint, you won't notice it unless you look for it. Also buy the extender so you can use it with 2 18650 batteries.

whats the advantage of the 18650's?

i'm trying not to break the bank here.

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I would hold off right now as Jetbeam is going to be shipping a new version of the M1X in the next 2 weeks.

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
I would hold off right now as Jetbeam is going to be shipping a new version of the M1X in the next 2 weeks.

What??? I just ordered one last week! Please tell me the only difference is that they changed the color again.

apontes

Newly Enlightened
What??? I just ordered one last week! Please tell me the only difference is that they changed the color again.

I'd too like to know if there will be any major change or upgrade.

I don't think it can be much improved, at least in terms of brightness. Without changing the shape of the reflector, beam won't be upgraded either. And I don't see Jetbeam changing the UI for this light. So, what would be left?

gilly

Enlightened
first i read that this light may have some noise/pitch problems on the lower settings. if this is true i may dislike this light. i find small squeeling noises very anoying. should i even concider ordering this considering it may have these issues?

where can i get this light? i was told i could get a discount somewhere. i want to make sure i get the latest generation light.

and i'm going to need some batteries with a charger. some help here too please.

The M1X is more balanced, better looking and better feeling in the hand with the extension tube and running it on 2 x 18650 batteries. The 18650s will give you the best capacity and runtime...

I'd go with AW 2600 MaH 18650s (lighthound.com or 4sevens.com)

I'd go with the Pila IBC charger (flashlightz.com)

Great light - you can only hear the whine of the LED if you hold it up to your ear - not a factor.

You will love this light - it's a monster!

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Like was said before, the high pitched whine is only noticeable when the light is less than 6 inches from your ear. And I am not aware of a new version of the M1X, other than when they came back in stock after version 1 which was awhile ago. The olive drab model could be considered new?

Anyways get the light! Check my signature for the High output thrower review where it is in there, compared with the Sunlite 16w, Eagletac M2X, and P7 Longthrow.......

Last edited:

Fender

Newly Enlightened
They're releasing the fourth revision of the light. It will once again be the natural color, and my dealer is saying there will be "upgraded circuitry". What that means, I don't know. Jetbeam is supposed to be shipping them out in the next 2 weeks. Bugoutgear is also showing the M1X V4 as coming soon.

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
They're releasing the fourth revision of the light. It will once again be the natural color, and my dealer is saying there will be "upgraded circuitry". What that means, I don't know. Jetbeam is supposed to be shipping them out in the next 2 weeks. Bugoutgear is also showing the M1X V4 as coming soon.

hmm... really wish it would be out now.

i would like it for Hunting in a couple weeks.

:popcorn:

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
seems like there are a couple of new lights just over the horizon.... man i don't know how u guys do it.