• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired An Unmatched Set of AA Triplets

saltytri

Enlightened
Here's a trio of AA lights that I finished today. These are going to be stocking stuffers for non-flashaholics, thus the use of AA alkalines. The business end is single-level XR-E Q5 with optics. All three were first machined into the same basic form and then "decorated" individually as an exercise to help develop my new machining skills. All were bead blasted, with polished bits on the one with all the fins. There's no glass lens – the optic seals to the bezel with an o-ring. If that's good enough for Gene Malkoff, it's good enough for me!

4044211291_65001500a3.jpg

4044948510_d0325836c9.jpg

4044945374_7fe69d1ca2.jpg

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
that looks like some awesome work there.. how much would they go for if you were selling?

saltytri

Enlightened
I can't imagine making lights for sale at this point - they take me sooooo many hours of puttering in the shop. I'm just not skillful enough to pop these things out. Maybe, when I get set up with CNC!

As for runtime, I haven't checked yet but it won't be impressive. Good enough, though, for casual use as an around-the-house light.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are giving the lights as stocking-stuffers and are not selling them, then why are you posting them in a Buy/Sell/Trade area?

They are beautiful lights, to be sure... but posting them here with no asking price is not just against forum rules, but kind of painful for some CPF'ers who might have wanted to buy them, only to find out that you are not selling them.:)

They would be better suited to be posted in the Custom & Modified area...

Definitely beautiful lights, though. Hopefully, whoever gets them will appreciate them.:thumbsup:

saltytri

Enlightened
Yikes! You're absolutely right that this is in the wrong place. I intended to post in Homemade and Modified but seem to have done a random brain fade. :( My apologies! Is it possible to move a post?

Moderator - feel free to delete this thread. I've reposted in H & M.

Sorry 'bout that!

Last edited: