#LumensReview Chat Room, come on in!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I decided to setup a chat room on my website for easy access.. it's a java irc client.
note: this is not associated with the forum's owners, admins, or mods in any way. this is just a chat client I established for us to have a bit of fun :)

it can be accessed here:

http://www.lumensreview.com/chat/

you can even add a ? + your desired username to automatically sign you in as the chosen username

for example.. http://www.lumensreview.com/chat/?test , would sign me in with the nickname of "test"

or, if you have a dedicated IRC client
sever: irc.slashnet.org
channel: #lumensreview

Rules:
FAMILY FRIENDLY, all rules of CPF apply
Please, IDENTIFY yourself.. change your nickname to your CPF username using the box on the bottom right. That is a requirement.

Mods:
(cpf name, chat name)
csshih (csshih_pc)
Beamhead (beam)
Geoffchan (geoff)

play nice!

Note: A popup may come up, saying "the application's digital signature can't be verified"
I can assure you that the site is 100% safe, as I am running it.
the reason that is popping up is because I did not acquire a digital signature. This will NOT cause any harm to your computer.
the java applet might take a while to load, do not worry if it appears to freeze.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
chat.jpg

chat2.jpg

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

the reason that is popping up is because I did not acquire a digital signature. I'm not 100% sure how to do so, but this will NOT cause any harm to your computer.

the java applet might take a while to load, do not worry if it appears to freeze.

Cahl

Newly Enlightened
as luxluthor noted, A popup may come up, saying "the application's digital signature can't be verified"
the reason that is popping up is because I did not acquire a digital signature. I'm not 100% sure how to do so, but this will NOT cause any harm to your computer.
Basically, what it says is "This is a program written in java, it could do harmful things if you do not know who made/sent it".

The reason, is that you have not paid for a certificate. When you visit gmail etc you get a green bar or a padlock in/beside the address bar. This means Google has paid to make sure you know that you are really visiting Google and not some phishing-site (also encrypts traffic) so people get that warning.

Here it is no problem tho, because you guys KNOW it is safe :D

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically, what it says is "This is a program written in java, it could do harmful things if you do not know who made/sent it".

The reason, is that you have not paid for a certificate. When you visit gmail etc you get a green bar or a padlock in/beside the address bar. This means Google has paid to make sure you know that you are really visiting Google and not some phishing-site (also encrypts traffic) so people get that warning.

Here it is no problem tho, because you guys KNOW it is safe :D

aaah! thank you for explaining! :thumbsup:
and in case you haven't gotten this message: :welcome: I love your sigline! hm.. getting a cert seems complicated. :shrug:

I've signed up-looks like it could be interesting.:thumbsup:
it's not really a sign up, more like a sign-in.. nothing is really recorded on the server.. you have to change you nickname everytime you get on the chatroom, unless you use a dedicated IRC client like mIRC.

Cahl

Newly Enlightened
aaah! thank you for explaining! :thumbsup:
and in case you haven't gotten this message: :welcome: I love your sigline! hm.. getting a cert seems complicated. :shrug:
Thank you :D

Do not bother with the cert .. it is about what .. 100 bucks give or take, and all you get is .. a label that says "csshih = csshih, no really! He really is! Honest!"
(IE is overprotective btw)

Spend your hard earned doubloons on a new light instead!

2083501630d6ecff43e4.jpg

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Work fine in firefox after installing java

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am out for the night. see you after school (8 ish hours from now)
the chatroom will always be open.

play nice.

Greta

Flashaholic
Please be sure to note that this chat room is not in any way, shape or form monitored or moderated or even associated with or by CandlePowerForums, LLC or its owner and/or administrators. IOW... I'm not responsible for anything that happens or is said there so don't send me an email or PM asking me to do something about whatever.

Remember... rules and disclaimers are made because someone at sometime did something to make them necessary whether they seem logical or not.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Is this something that Greta set this up?

Just kidding!!!
:tinfoil:

Looks interesting csshih, I'll check it out and join.

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
This is a terrific chat room you created csshih, thank you very much for doing this. :thumbsup:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the chat room! Everyone should stop in! Thanks also for making it family friendly. That other IRC chat turns me white with some of the things I see people saying in there. :naughty: