Any new Nitecore's on the horizon?

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
If there is one to be released w/XP-G, this is the first I've heard of it. Try a search.:nana:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
While we're on the wishlists . . .

How about an upgraded Extreme with one of the new emitters and 295 lumens ? Woo-haa !:D

Or the best of both worlds: an Extreme-format light with the PD UI and the 295 lumens :hitit:

fiorano

Newly Enlightened
Specifically, when will the D10 with the XPG-R4 be released?
Going from an XR-E R2 to an XP-G R5 in a D10 is not necessarily an "upgrade" since the emitters have different patterns and throw characteristics.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Going from an XR-E R2 to an XP-G R5 in a D10 is not necessarily an "upgrade" since the emitters have different patterns and throw characteristics.

+1 I'm glad somebody finally said it.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps not an upgrade. But I like floody more than spot. Expecially in a small light that will be used mostly up close.

I may just go ahead and get the R2 and just wait for the next version to come out. That way I'll have two.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
While we're on the wishlists . . .

How about an upgraded Extreme with one of the new emitters and 295 lumens ? Woo-haa !:D

Or the best of both worlds: an Extreme-format light with the PD UI and the 295 lumens :hitit:

+1

I hope nitecore is reading this thread. I've become quite the fan of nitecore since i started reading about them on CPF. I ordered 2 recently and love'em both.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should happen eventually in the next month or two

I'm waiting for a XP-G S2 bin which will punch out 300 lumens at the LED at 700mA. Then it will be time to run a 14500 lith-ion so I'll have mild to wild with the piston drive setup for adjustment. That will replace my D10 Q5 and all is well. Maybe by February would be good, my birth month is a good excuse.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Big upgrade in my book. My D10 has more rings than any other light I have ever used. I'd happily sacrifice throw for a cleaner beam.

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
It was more of a wishful inquiry.

Okay, well that makes sense...hope I didn't come off as flippant or anything :eek:. I would definitely be interested in a XP-G D10; what a great edc light that would make, with a nice, floody beam and real low for up-close work.

zven

Enlightened
Well, since I don't use my D10 for anything that requires great throw, I'd welcome an "upgrade" to XP-G R5. A slightly wider hotspot would actually be nice to have, as well as a wider spill beam overall, for that matter.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this has to do with the topic at hand, I put an XP-G in my EX10 GD.
The output isn't that much more, but it does have a very nice beam using the stock GD reflector.
It would be nice if the driver output was bumped up a bit.

Heres a link to the thread if you want to check it out:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/245315

007-32.jpg

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
OOOOoooh how I wish they would make a model like the D10 / EX10 to take an 18650. Make look exactly the same as the D10 or EX10 on the outside with the same smart PD system and pocket clip but make it take an 18650.

Nickyan

Newly Enlightened
OOOOoooh how I wish they would make a model like the D10 / EX10 to take an 18650. Make look exactly the same as the D10 or EX10 on the outside with the same smart PD system and pocket clip but make it take an 18650.

+1 for that. Better yet, make them compatible and interchangeable! And offer a warm tint version. ;)