Surefire E2DL vs Insight HX200 - Need opinions...

Noclue

Newly Enlightened
First time posting here - looking for some opinions on a flashlight. Two top choices currently are Surefire E2DL and Insight HX200.

Surefire E2DL - I have only heard good things about Surefire, but don't own one. The E2D LED is now putting out 200 Lumens

Insight HX200 - Also puts out 200 Lumens, but offers strobe function that I would imagine would be good to disorient any would be intruders.

I have been putting a premium on the strobe feature - is this overrated? I have seen flashlights with similar Lumen ratings have disparate performance. Does anyone have any opionions for eithers ability to deliver a strong, focused beam?

Any other options I am not considering with better performance in the $150 or so price range?

Thanks for your help!

Hero

Newly Enlightened
I'd put a premium on a light without strobe!

DM51

Flashaholic
The strobe vs. no-strobe debate is being covered in this thread, although that is just the most recent in a succession of similar ones (most of them sterile and all of them inconclusive).

Members who wish to continue beating their heads against that particular concrete wall should refer to that thread; this thread would do better to confine itself to the other relative merits of these 2 lights.

Noclue

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input. I actually found the Strobe/No Strobe thread after I posted. Didn't realize it was such a hot-button issue. Ignoring that piece, are there any recommendations in the $150 price range that I may be missing or is the E2DL the concensus?
Thanks again!

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire E2DL is a very good lite, no argument. Many people have them and enjoy the performance they offer. However, they are very pricey for what they offer. While I also am not a fan of strobe features, the Insight lights are very high quality and work very well. If you think you might use the strobe function, get the Insight. If it turns out that you don't use the function, no harm done.

Slightly off topic, some people here are adamantly against the strobe. Alot of the same people are big Surefire fans. I have to wonder how many of them have been through Surefire's tactical light course which teaches the use of strobe and favors using it.